Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Broken lower control arm proof - Not spamming

Arob_2

Reactions
Vehicle
Explorer ST 2023
A few people on the last post I made asked for proof of the lower control arm breaking. There are multiple confirmations from people on the ST pages on Facebook confirming the part has broken and they have seen others break too. Here are some screenshots.

Attachments

FORZDA3

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Hmmm? Before I would have ANY concern about the control arm as a possible defect/failure point, I would review the history of the vehicles with failures, as in exactly who touched it, when, and why. That front arm is ripe for idiot damage either with a jack, full lift, or other lift tools.

It isn’t likely to fail on first incident, but it is likely cracked or otherwise damaged which WILL lead to eventual failure some time AFTER the initial fugg up. There’s always so much ignorance/stupid to weed out on reports of failures of anything vehicle related. People suck.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford F-150 Raptor
A few people on the last post I made asked for proof of the lower control arm breaking. There are multiple confirmations from people on the ST pages on Facebook confirming the part has broken and they have seen others break too. Here are some screenshots.
Hmmm? Before I would have ANY concern about the control arm as a possible defect/failure point, I would review the history of the vehicles with failures, as in exactly who touched it, when, and why. That front arm is ripe for idiot damage either with a jack, full lift, or other lift tools.

It isn’t likely to fail on first incident, but it is likely cracked or otherwise damaged which WILL lead to eventual failure some time AFTER the initial fugg up. There’s always so much ignorance/stupid to weed out on reports of failures of anything vehicle related. People suck.
Agree with @FORZDA3 damage had to cause this and would lead to such a failure. I am sure the billet arms you were advertising are nice but stock ones have been proven to be perfectly fine and failures have been due to damage not weakness of the part.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
I agree with @FORZDA3 and @2020FordRaptor. Also if you have a nice aftermarket part to sell I think there are areas on this forum to post them with that in mind. What makes this post and the previous one smell funny to me is that the company that makes these aftermarket control arms and the OP are both from West Palm Beach, FL. Could be a coincidence but doesn't feel like one. This feels like a scare tactic to me.

There are a few people on this forum that run their ST's pretty darn hard and I haven't heard of this happening yet.

OP
A

Arob_2

Reactions
Vehicle
Explorer ST 2023
Thread Starter #5
No scare tactic. Just knowledge. No one is forcing people to buy an upgraded control arm. It is just like any other upgraded part such as sway bars, strut bars, etc. It is out there an available to those that are interested.

Good to know about the area to advertise the part. Greatly appreciated.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
I’ll cross 100K miles tomorrow…and I absolutely flog this car continuously. I’m on a 3000+ mile mountain road trip right now…beating the snot out of this thing. Not so much as a hiccup from the LCAs.
Smart money says those broken ones were broken BY something, not just a random failure. Impact damage, smacking curbs…whatever. And I’m sure there’s the occasional random failure…it is a man made part after all. But there’s no rash of these things breaking and definitely no need for a $660 part to fix something that’s not broken.

And let’s call a spade a spade…it is spam. You’re the guy from Speedlogix. You were spamming my FB group with the same shit.

OP
A

Arob_2

Reactions
Vehicle
Explorer ST 2023
Thread Starter #7
No one is twisting anyone's arm to buy the product. Nowhere have I said they all break ? That is awesome to hear that you have 100k miles on your ST with no issues. Again, it is a product available to those who want it. Just like any other upgraded part. The ST market is small and not many companies are taking the time to make products like they do for the larger mass of vehicles and people modding.

People have reached out wanting the full rear arm suspension too. I'm not sure whats up with all the hate. Also...... I am a woman, not a man.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
No one is twisting anyone's arm to buy the product. Nowhere have I said they all break ? That is awesome to hear that you have 100k miles on your ST with no issues. Again, it is a product available to those who want it. Just like any other upgraded part. The ST market is small and not many companies are taking the time to make products like they do for the larger mass of vehicles and people modding.

People have reached out wanting the full rear arm suspension too. I'm not sure whats up with all the hate. Also...... I am a woman, not a man.
The issue is you just blast in and start slinging your stuff while actively breaking the rules you agreed to when you joined my FB group. Your gender is irrelevant…you’re lucky you didn’t get banned altogether…I’m actually the one that gave you a pass.

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
@Arob_2, so you're a female Spammer. You're promoting a product that isn't known to have a high failure rate as if "this is going to happen to you". The sky isn't falling. If you are a Vendor or are associated with a Vendor, you should come clean up front and do what is required to participate on this forum as a Vendor.

Now, if you'll go ahead and show us the testing that demonstrate how much stronger/better your $600 pretty pieces are...

Last edited:
OP
A

Arob_2

Reactions
Vehicle
Explorer ST 2023
Thread Starter #10
@Arob_2, so you're a female Spammer. You're promoting a product that isn't known to have a high failure rate as if "this is going to happen to you". The sky isn't falling. If you are a Vendor or are associated with a Vendor, you should come clean up front and do what is required to participate on this forum as a Vendor.

Now, if you'll go ahead and show us the testing that demonstrate how much stronger/better your pretty pieces are...
The issue is you just blast in and start slinging your stuff while actively breaking the rules you agreed to when you joined my FB group. Your gender is irrelevant…you’re lucky you didn’t get banned altogether…I’m actually the one that gave you a pass.
I appreciate that, how ever I don't believe I was the one posting in your group.

Thanks for the heads up.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
I appreciate that, how ever I don't believe I was the one posting in your group.

Thanks for the heads up.
Oh really? And it wasn’t you jumping in hawking exhaust systems either? This isn’t you? IMG_3746.jpeg

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford F-150 Raptor
No scare tactic. Just knowledge. No one is forcing people to buy an upgraded control arm. It is just like any other upgraded part such as sway bars, strut bars, etc. It is out there an available to those that are interested.

Good to know about the area to advertise the part. Greatly appreciated.
You first posted claiming you broke an LCA and were going to replace it with your item. How isn’t that an weird way to advertise your part?

A full rear arm suspension would be neat but this is no way to advertise a product. It does not instill trust of the buyer to your company.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford F-150 Raptor

Now, if you'll go ahead and show us the testing that demonstrate how much stronger/better your $600 pretty pieces are...
Agreed. If @Arob_2 can show testing that shows improvement instead of going off of rare failures than that is advertising a product.