Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Break pedal changes - cant reach it!

Reactions
Hello genlemen,
I was gifted a brand new sexy 2021 black Explorer ST last week.
I love the car, however I have a tiny problem that keeps me from driving the vehicle safely - i cant comfortably reach the break pedal!
Yep! you read right. No problem with the accelerator, break one, not too much.
I was wondering if i can safely change the pedal for something slightly larger that could allow my size 5.5/6 feet to break.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Reactions
Vehicle
21 ST
When test driving, that was my wife's complaint. I went looking for solutions. Dealers supplied no help, even to make the sale... anyways,... I was ready to adapt the pedal with aluminum and nylon plate to move/shift the brake.
By the third test drive she took the time to keep testing steering angle to seat location and eventually found the sweet spot for transition from accelerator to brake that was comfortable, then we bought it. She has saved her preference in the #1 spot!
Just keep looking for the "sweet spot" she"s 5'1" her shoe size is 6 . She loves driving her car.!

Reactions
I will have to look at my wife's vehicle again but I thought these things had power pedals? I have just the opposite problem in most vehicle since I wear a size 15 shoe lol.

Reactions
Hello genlemen,
I love the car, however I have a tiny problem that keeps me from driving the vehicle safely - i cant comfortably reach the break pedal!
I was wondering if i can safely change the pedal for something slightly larger that could allow my size 5.5/6 feet to break.

You were gifted the ST like someone gave you it for free?

Reactions
When test driving, that was my wife's complaint. I went looking for solutions. Dealers supplied no help, even to make the sale... anyways,... I was ready to adapt the pedal with aluminum and nylon plate to move/shift the brake.
By the third test drive she took the time to keep testing steering angle to seat location and eventually found the sweet spot for transition from accelerator to brake that was comfortable, then we bought it. She has saved her preference in the #1 spot!
Just keep looking for the "sweet spot" she"s 5'1" her shoe size is 6 . She loves driving her car.!
lol. My wife is 5'7" and has to put the seat literally all the way forward haha.
I'm 6'5" so the seat is all the way back so when she gets in on my setting she falls in lol its hilarious :)

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Hello genlemen,

Go to Amazon theses are sweet easy to put on and look sexy !!

Attachments