Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Brand new ST owner

Red17

Reactions
I've been reading the forum for a while and just took delivery of my ST. Ready for Ford Performance to release a tune to get this as close to the performance of the SRT that I let go. Love it so far but am afraid that my wife is going to steal it as she hated the SRT but fell in love with this when she took it for a spin. 20200506_194819.jpg

OHST

Reactions
Welcome and congrats[lovest]

OP
R

Red17

Reactions
Thread Starter #4
It was a blacked out Charger SRT and she hated everything about it...from the look to the rough ride, etc....plus she had a stigma that Dodge was garbage (yet she drives a Jeep Wrangler).

STFan

Administrator
Reactions
Welcome aboard

Reactions
Welcome!

Reactions
It was a blacked out Charger SRT and she hated everything about it...from the look to the rough ride, etc....plus she had a stigma that Dodge was garbage (yet she drives a Jeep Wrangler).
Well many like to hate on Ford as well as dodge. I see it as a jealous insecurity on their part. Our previous 3 brand new vehicles were all impeccable. 2 dodge, one chevy.

KegsBdry

Reactions
I've been reading the forum for a while and just took delivery of my ST. Ready for Ford Performance to release a tune to get this as close to the performance of the SRT that I let go. Love it so far but am afraid that my wife is going to steal it as she hated the SRT but fell in love with this when she took it for a spin. View attachment 662
Can't wait for that Ford Performance tune too. I called them and they said they aren't going to have it ready until next year due to delays by COVID. So that's terrible news.

I was deciding between a Dodge Durango SRT & a Ford Explorer ST. Ended up buying the ST & loving it. What made you go with the ST over the SRT? I've traded in my Dodge Charger Scat Pack (I do miss that V8 sound).

OP
R

Red17

Reactions
Thread Starter #9
Can't wait for that Ford Performance tune too. I called them and they said they aren't going to have it ready until next year due to delays by COVID. So that's terrible news.

I was deciding between a Dodge Durango SRT & a Ford Explorer ST. Ended up buying the ST & loving it. What made you go with the ST over the SRT? I've traded in my Dodge Charger Scat Pack (I do miss that V8 sound).
I went with the Ford over the Grand Cherokee SRT based on the size and over the Durango SRT because of the looks. I also liked the overall interior on the ST better than the SRTs as well as the price. That is terrible news about the Ford Performance tune. In the meantime, I think that I am about to pull the trigger on the Borla S-Type exhaust and have been reading and watching videos on the Palm Beach Dyno tune.

KegsBdry

Reactions
I went with the Ford over the Grand Cherokee SRT based on the size and over the Durango SRT because of the looks. I also liked the overall interior on the ST better than the SRTs as well as the price. That is terrible news about the Ford Performance tune. In the meantime, I think that I am about to pull the trigger on the Borla S-Type exhaust and have been reading and watching videos on the Palm Beach Dyno tune.
Funny you should mention the Borla S-type exhaust, that's the first thing I did to my ST. Couldn't have the inside sounding better than what was actually there. Sounds as good as it looks! Went with the black tips. Makes the back much more aggressive looking ... and sounding. IMG_20200425_182712__01.jpg IMG_20200425_182719.jpg

Explorer ST Posts