Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Brake Caliper - Peeling Paint

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Hello, I purchased my 2020 ST w/16k miles last summer in June. It currently has 22k miles. I also purchased PreimumCare Ford ESP, which has come in handy already with the heated seat. A couple of weeks ago I was cleaning the car and noticed on the driver-side caliper bracket, the peel has peeled and I can feel with my finger a chunk more was ready to peel off.

Does anyone know or been in this situation know if I am out of luck? Seeing as I am out of the 3yr/36k miles? If so, what are my options? Can this be touched up, I don't need it to look perfect, but just good enough from a distance.

Reactions
Vehicle
'21 Explorer ST
Honestly the 3/36 would have been best bet since it's a limited B2B. You can always go to dealer and plead your case. With wearable part you may be out of luck going that route.

Otherwise it's not much work to paint them. Depending on your budget there are some people alway selling the stock calipers here or can look for set/pair online to replace.
https://www.car-part.com/

That will be most cost effective way without going full money pit and upgrading to BBK (big brake kit).