Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Both Reverse Lights out, even after replacing - no fuse for backup lights?

Reactions
I noticed the other day that in my wife's 2020 Ford Explorer ST, the reverse lights aren't working. We bought the car used and it already had the LED reverse lights in there. They're the AUXITO 3157 LED Bulbs Reverse Lights 102-SMD's. I thought it was weird that the bulbs would be out so soon since they were LED's, let alone BOTH back up lights being out at the same time. I figured it had to be a fuse, but after looking in the manual, online and at the fuse box - I couldn't find anything labeled reverse lights/ backup lights/reverse lamps, NOTHING! So I bought the exact same bulbs to be replaced. After replacing both of them - still no reverse lights!!! I looked for fuses again and the only thing I see is "Trailer/Tow reverse lights" (this would be fuse #58 - is THIS the fuse for the reverse lights??? Or is it going to be a switch inside the car that needs to be replaced, lol?? PLZ help - the tint that the car came with is so dang dark at night that without reverse lights we can't see ANYTHING unless we use the brake lights.

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions

DaveG ST

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
I would first trouble shoot with a voltmeter/multimeter to see if you have power going to the reverse light sockets.

OP
Reactions
Thread Starter #4
I'm not super familiar with how to do that, I can figure it out eventually and get the tool but figured checking the fuse to see if it's blown would be so much easier to troubleshoot the problem. Was hoping to get to the bottom of it so I can stop putting miles on the e63 S

Reactions
I have had a similar problem with my tail lights. The driver side likes to stay off once in a while. What I found out that works everytime is I change my switch from auto to manual & back to auto. Try that it might help. I know they are different lights but who knows .

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Try going to a local auto parts store and ask if they will check for any DTCs, or Download Forscan. Hopefully its something easy like the first two below.
From what I can see, no fuse, direct connection to the Body control Module.

B1277:11 Reverse Lamp: Circuit Short To Ground
B1277:15 Reverse Lamp: Circuit Short To Battery or Open

BCM—All other BCM Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs) REFER to: Body Control Module (BCM) (419-10 Multifunction Electronic Modules, Diagnosis and Testing).

https://www.foexplorer.com/ford_explorer_diagnosis_and_testing_reversing_lamps-1081.html

https://forscan.org/home.html