Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Boosted 3.3L police interceptor??

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Anyone seen or heard of someone taking a retired 2020+ police interceptor Ford Explorer with the 10R80 and 3.3L and adding just a Turbo with necessary components and tune only? And mod the hybrid system also. I've been looking online to see if anyone did something like that and can't seem to find anyone who has done that. With the AWD and the Stronger Transmission would be a perfect setup to handle a boosted 3.3L Hybrid. What sort of Power Level could the 3.3L engine handle? Just a single turbo and necessary components for proper engine performance and tune only. I think that setup would be a track monster! I'm new to boosted engines and doing any mods to a boosted engine. Just curious.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford F-150 Raptor
Anyone seen or heard of someone taking a retired 2020+ police interceptor Ford Explorer with the 10R80 and 3.3L and adding just a Turbo with necessary components and tune only? And mod the hybrid system also. I've been looking online to see if anyone did something like that and can't seem to find anyone who has done that. With the AWD and the Stronger Transmission would be a perfect setup to handle a boosted 3.3L Hybrid. What sort of Power Level could the 3.3L engine handle? Just a single turbo and necessary components for proper engine performance and tune only. I think that setup would be a track monster! I'm new to boosted engines and doing any mods to a boosted engine. Just curious.
I think you might have to without the hybrid and get a regular one because might be a pain to tune with the hybrid system. The Interceptor has the same 3.3L as the base F150 so you might have some good luck searching on F150 forums to see what people have done on their. This would be awesome and probably a lot cheaper than building an ST due to the wholesale prices of Interceptors.

Explorer ST Posts