Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

BOOSTane??

Reactions
First I read of this was on this forum - so what’s the real deal? I’m running Livernoise 93 octane tune...Borla ATAK, and about to upgrade to Whipple inter cooler...
Is BOOSTane worth it? Go with professional or will BOOSTane Shot Octane give me some numbers?? I’m new to octane boosters so looking for some thoughts and advice please! Thanks!!

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
So here’s the deal...Boostane doesn’t add power. What it does is add verifiable octane numbers so the car will see less knock and can add all the timing the car is capable of with the tune it’s running. You can get a 93/Boostane tune that’ll add even more power.
I’ve ran the Pro for years...I buy it by the case. The stuff works. I picked up over 30hp at the wheels on a 93/Boostane tune in my blown F150 over the daily driver 93 tune.
It’s good to keep on hand on a road trip too if you’re tuned for 93 and run into a 91 only state. Just a few ounces per tank will get you back up to 93.
It doesn’t take much to make a difference. AE345C29-A6AA-47C1-9768-115747A208E6.png

OP
sleekone
Reactions
Thread Starter #3
So here’s the deal...Boostane doesn’t add power. What it does is add verifiable octane numbers so the car will see less knock and can add all the timing the car is capable of with the tune it’s running. You can get a 93/Boostane tune that’ll add even more power.
I’ve ran the Pro for years...I buy it by the case. The stuff works. I picked up over 30hp at the wheels on a 93/Boostane tune in my blown F150 over the daily driver 93 tune.
It’s good to keep on hand on a road trip too if you’re tuned for 93 and run into a 91 only state. Just a few ounces per tank will get you back up to 93.
It doesn’t take much to make a difference. View attachment 1255
who does a 93/BOOSTane tune? I’m actually using Petro Canada 94 octane whenever I fill up so already pretty high number. Livernoise tune is a beast!
Anyone else have experience with BOOSTane Octane Shot?? Seems more convienent and also thinking I can throw it in the Harley...two birds - one stone.!

https://boostane.com/boostane-shot/

Reactions
I run boostane around 99-100 octane in my Livernois tuned ST

OP
sleekone
Reactions
Thread Starter #5
I run boostane around 99-100 octane in my Livernois tuned ST
Do you use Professional or Premium?

Reactions
I use the professional, buy it by the case when there's a sale. I use about a half can per fill-up

OP
sleekone
Reactions
Thread Starter #7
I use the professional, buy it by the case when there's a sale. I use about a half can per fill-up
And you see a noticeable difference?

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
I wouldn’t run it every fill-up. Run a couple of clean tanks through for every 2-3 doped tanks. The MMT deposits on the plugs and O2 sensors will eventually foul them out. You gotta burn that stuff off regularly.

Reactions
I wouldn’t run it every fill-up. Run a couple of clean tanks through for every 2-3 doped tanks. The MMT deposits on the plugs and O2 sensors will eventually foul them out. You gotta burn that stuff off regularly.
Yeah that's what I've been doing, I run a clean tank through every couple.

As far as a difference, I haven't timed anything, butt dyno seems it but could also be in my head. It makes me feel good so that's a win I suppose LOL.

Reactions
The PBD tune comes with one to run with octane boost as well. I’m sure any of the main players can tune for it.