Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Blacked out Ford logo stickers from Etsy

Reactions
I'm very happy with the quality of these. Priced right too at $8 for the set. Easy install.

Attachments

Reactions
You're right... can't beat that price they look great. I would love to totally get rid of the chrome edge, but until I can justify the price for the Oemautoart black replacements, $8 is a no brainer. Thanks for sharing!

Reactions
Following for link

Reactions
These do look nice

Jshaffer3819

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Just ordered mine. Got one for the steering wheel too. $30 for all three.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KegsBdry

Reactions
I wish I got these over the Etsy decals I paid a couple hundred for. :cry:

Dphan67

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford Explorer ST
Just wanted to share my failures with the group. I too bought these from Etsy, great product. First attempt I used the baby shampoo and water solution, do not install wet. They never adhered. 2nd purchase I installed dry, rear went on great but in adjusting for a wrinkle on the front, I peeled the sticker back and the blue on the factory emblem pulled with it, eventually cracking by the D. I was able to pop back in but hopefully none of you have the same issue. The decals from reply #9 are great, I will have to bite the bullet and pull bumper off to replace factory emblem at some point. Sorry didn't expect issues so didn't take pics.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
i am looking for the blacked out ST emblem/decal, please advise if you know a source, thanks!

Reactions
Just wanted to share my failures with the group. I too bought these from Etsy, great product. First attempt I used the baby shampoo and water solution, do not install wet. They never adhered. 2nd purchase I installed dry, rear went on great but in adjusting for a wrinkle on the front, I peeled the sticker back and the blue on the factory emblem pulled with it, eventually cracking by the D. I was able to pop back in but hopefully none of you have the same issue. The decals from reply #9 are great, I will have to bite the bullet and pull bumper off to replace factory emblem at some point. Sorry didn't expect issues so didn't take pics.
I went through two sets of the stickers before I bit the bullet and just got the painted ones.

DoingOK

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Takes a bit of patience and maybe a little luck to get the stickers centered nicely. I worked from the middle outwards to slowly ensure there would be no wrinkles (domed emblem). I was able to get mine installed dry and perfectly positioned.

Attachments

KegsBdry

Reactions
Takes a bit of patience and maybe a little luck to get the stickers centered nicely. I worked from the middle outwards to slowly ensure there would be no wrinkles (domed emblem). I was able to get mine installed dry and perfectly positioned.
Keep us posted if they stay nice and clean after a few car washes.

OP
smithero
Reactions
Thread Starter #17
1 month and maybe 5 or do car washes...they are still mint.

Reactions
I asked him to do the oval and logo in red for both front and rear. I'm happy. Started from the center, just make sure everything is nice and warm, much easier to apply IMO.
PXL_20201011_195137172.jpg PXL_20201011_195203890.jpg

Blackssr

Reactions
Why would you try a wet install when it clearly said it's a dry install product? It's no more difficult than putting wrap on a vehicle. Small amount of patience and you're good to go.
I also had a problem with the Ford logo cracking when I was repositioning the decal.. so you're not alone on that one. It's hard to believe that that thing would crack simply by pulling back an adhesive decal. I guess it's not $100,000 luxury SUV it's just a Ford. Lol

Taz

Reactions