Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

BG Oil Additive?

Reactions
Just got back from my dealer for some warranty work and had them change the oil while I was there. After reviewing my bill it shows they added BG 115 oil additive with the synthetic motor craft oil and filter change.

Has anyone ever heard of this stuff? Should I complain? I’ve never used additives before with full synthetic oil but now that I’m reading online it might not be the worst thing in the world that they added it? Some people say it quiets engine tick and cam phaser noise?

Anyway just wondering if anyone has heard of a dealer just adding shit into your normal oil change request or if it’s just the one I use? Not happy they didn’t ask me first.

This is a link to the stuff on Amazon that they added:
BG Advanced Formula MOA 115 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07TCQR57...abc_9DV456TWEPW7DKMX9DDF?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Autoworker

1000 Post Club
Reactions
I don’t think Ford recommends any additives for the oil. Guessing this is a way for the dealership to make additional money. Give them a call and ask why it was used.

zdubyadubya

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Koons Ford in Baltimore uses it too. Its not going to hurt anything and they shouldn't have charged you for it. There is no way I envision a tech adding it manually so it might be pre-added to their drums of synthetic.

OP
N
Reactions
Thread Starter #4
Koons Ford in Baltimore uses it too. Its not going to hurt anything and they shouldn't have charged you for it. There is no way I envision a tech adding it manually so it might be pre-added to their drums of synthetic.
Sounds like it’s the same here. It seems to be built into the cost of their oil change and just noted with the oil type. Never seen this done before. But if the dealers putting it in then at least I know it doesn’t void the warrenty…

Explorer ST Posts