Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Best Options for Wireless Charging Phone Mount and Install?

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
I'm looking to add a wireless phone mount next to the awful 10 inch sync display as I can't stand how small everything is on the display through Android Auto. I want to run waze on my phone, and then just have the main screen be audio for music selections. I would like to use a wireless charging car mount that holds well and doesn't block the start button or vents. The other question is how best to get power to the thing without wires hanging all over the dashboard. I've seen a couple people referring to Tesla Model 3 mounts being able to be used, but there wasn't a lot of details. I'm hoping a few of you have similar setups to what I'm looking for and can offer some advice/options. Thanks!

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
If you are up to it, you can float a USB cord from the lower cubby up to behind the screen. It takes some doing but keeps things clean. You can use a mount of your choice.

I Bleed Ford Blue

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
23 Rapid Red Explorer ST
There is a member on here who makes a custom mount on a 3D printer. 1 screw, takes about 2 minutes to install. You can choose left or right side mount. I put one in my ST

http://www.lethaldesignsolutions.com/