Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Battery upgrade

whotnow79

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Anyone go with an H8 vs the stock H6. Its listed for the police utility version and seems to be pleanty of room in there for it. Mine keeps going into deep sleep mode a few minutes after shut down and stops my remote start functions.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
You may need to program the bigger battery with Forscan.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Size doesn’t dictate performance. A good Group 48 size (H6) is more than enough. I run an XS Power D4800 and have more current draw than most and have zero issues. If you do go with a physically larger H8/Group 49 battery make sure the power distribution block that sits on top of our batteries fits…and make sure it actually has better specs than what you already have….which like I said can also be had with an H6 sized case.

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
I would try to pull the negative terminal of the battery for a few minutes, and see if the entire car resetting can help with your deep sleep. After a visit with the dealer where some modules were updated, I used to get the deep sleep message shortly after parking the car--even after long trips. I pulled the negative terminal for a few minutes and from that moment on, the messages went away. That said, could be something different and maybe your battery needs replacing. A good battery should not deep sleep without good reason--like you were listening to music with the engine off in the winter time, etc.