Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Battery Saver Mode and Door Pad Entry

robbcwz

Reactions
Parked at the airport for 7 days and so the ST went into the battery saver sleep mode. When I returned the door entry key pad would not activate due to system being part of the sleep mode. Is there any way to keep the key pad active while the rest of the vehicle goes "to sleep", or a way to revive the key pad? The iPhone app was of no use either~

DaveG ST

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Also would like any details about this issue as my keys never leave the center console. You are also saying that you can't start the ST with your phone once it goes into sleep mode?

Reactions
Also would like any details about this issue as my keys never leave the center console. You are also saying that you can't start the ST with your phone once it goes into sleep mode?
That is correct. Deep sleep basically shuts down all electronics with the exception of the essentials and the app and door pad are not considered essential. That leaves the keyfob and the actual key that comes out of the fob to get in.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Rapid Red ST
The door keypad always shuts down exactly five days after the car was last used. The deep sleep mode that shuts down the modem the phone talks to is supposed to shut down after two weeks, but can and has occurred sooner.

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
The door keypad always shuts down exactly five days after the car was last used. The deep sleep mode that shuts down the modem the phone talks to is supposed to shut down after two weeks, but can and has occurred sooner.
good to know thanks!

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Question….just got my ST, how do I find out the factory door keypad code?

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Question….just got my ST, how do I find out the factory door keypad code?
its on a card in your owners book it will also have instructions how to change it

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
its on a card in your owners book it will also have instructions how to change it
You don't change the factory code. You can enter your own but the factory code remains the same.

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
You don't change the factory code. You can enter your own but the factory code remains the same.
lol TROLL

TMac

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Once you receive the signal, you can reset the code by entering your own personal five-digit code (within five seconds). The vehicle will lock and unlock once again as confirmation that your new code has been entered correctly. It's important to know that the factory code can never be overwritten.

C'mon @Rocketw19, you're going to the dark side!

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Once you receive the signal, you can reset the code by entering your own personal five-digit code (within five seconds). The vehicle will lock and unlock once again as confirmation that your new code has been entered correctly. It's important to know that the factory code can never be overwritten.

C'mon @Rocketw19, you're going to the dark side!
Thanks for entering the complete and accurate procedure to enter your own personal code. Guess some would rather call names than admit they were wrong.

TMac

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Here's just a bit of advice for those who don't understand internet forum etiquette. Using the word "TROLL" is like using the "C" word toward a female. You had better be absolutely prepared for repercussions- especially if you're wrong.

Because the user is new, I can only infer he has been unduly influenced by the only other person who uses this term loosely when referring to those who disagree with him. And we all know who that is.

No quicker way to lose credibility and cause people to stop paying attention to your posts.

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Lol then yes dale Is a troll
I don’t recall ever saying your factory code is gone or reset. I simply said you can set your own.

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Here is what you said. Post # 7 "its on a card in your owners book it will also have instructions how to change it "

Guess your memory isn't to good Karen!

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Yes so your saying you can’t change it? I changed mine I never said it was gone it’s 100% changed TROLL

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Yes so your saying you can’t change it? I changed mine I never said it was gone it’s 100% changed TROLL
Yes I'm saying you can't change the factory code. A person can add your own but not change the factory code. Is that really hard to understand?

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Yes I'm saying you can't change the factory code. A person can add your own but not change the factory code. Is that really hard to understand?
Lol dude your like 70 over weight and living in your moms basement your thumbs down doesn’t bother me. As far as you not understanding that’s your problem I bet the OP looked at his card and charged his code. When reading the instructions I’m sure he seen the factory numbers stay forever. If he didn’t who cares he has his set the way he wants it anyways.
now nothing you can say matters so I am not reply to your troll ass anymore

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Lol dude your like 70 over weight and living in your moms basement your thumbs down doesn’t bother me. As far as you not understanding that’s your problem I bet the OP looked at his card and charged his code. When reading the instructions I’m sure he seen the factory numbers stay forever. If he didn’t who cares he has his set the way he wants it anyways.
now nothing you can say matters so I am not reply to your troll ass anymore
Fine by me if you block me like your buddy. Maybe you should go back and finish 1st grade. Maybe then you can comprehend things. :LOL:

DaveG ST

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Just want to add that I use the keypad exclusively. Wife will also use her phone to start on occasion. No real issues and keyfob has not been touched in over six months.

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Just want to add that I use the keypad exclusively. Wife will also use her phone to start on occasion. No real issues and keyfob has not been touched in over six months.
I'm the opposite. I never use it as I always have my key in my pocket. For me it's just easier.
The question I do have is, if the keypad did not work how do you get in? Just asking.