Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Battery replacement? UGH

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
I think people make it harder than it is because it’s something new. I can have that panel off in under a minute…it’s just not a big deal. Remove the fasteners and lift the front edge of it up until it pops off the bottom of the glass. It’s super simple.

DaveG ST

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Would anyone try this or has anyone replaced their battery with the Walmart branded one? It does come with a 4 year non-prorated warranty.

Attachments

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST Carbonized Gray
Would anyone try this or has anyone replaced their battery with the Walmart branded one? It does come with a 4 year non-prorated warranty.
I haven't tried that one but a 4 year free replacement is pretty good. At the shop I worked at we sold Interstate batteries for years with no issues. We switched to AC Delco and almost every battery we sold was returned for warranty, with Ford batteries only the more expensive Platinum batteries are any good. I've also tried Autozone and DieHard, NAPA claims their batteries are made by Interstate but I don't know what their specs are. Now I stick with Interstate batteries and haven't had any issues.

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
This is likely no help at all. Since this battery was made 13 years ago, no telling how many changes in suppliers and specs have occurred. Anyway, this WM battery lasted in my Mini Cooper S until last July.

PXL_20230802_153406812 Copy.jpeg