Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Bang & Olufsen Sound Settings

Reactions
Anyone want to share their sound settings that get the most out of their Bang & Olufsen sound system

Reactions
There’s not really much you can do to tune this thing... Kind of a huge disappointment considering it’s supposed to be “premium”. The sound is terrible. I’m not expecting much from a stock system, but it doesn’t compete with the B&O system or even the lower end concert systems in 10yr old Audi’s. This alone makes me rethink Ford as a brand.

elphil

Reactions
I was surprised and disappointed to find no CD player in this thing. Guess I'm falling behind the times.

Reactions
I stream most of the time. Check your streaming app settings. On mine, there is an 8 band equalizer. I keep the settings flat in the car and tweek the equalizer.

Reactions
I was surprised and disappointed to find no CD player in this thing. Guess I'm falling behind the times.
You're not the only one to be surprised, but as was said above it is a dying medium. I felt the same way when I noticed it too, and also when it was no longer possible to get a CD player and cassette tape combo like we had in our old 2001 Chevy Venture. These things come and go. I'm looking forward to having a car where I can just plug my phone (iPhone) into the car and have it run the entire thing, rather than my the way it is with my old car having to plug into the auxiliary jack and still change the music via the phone (and having no other features besides that music). Whenever I end up finally receiving my ST, that is.

Reactions
I bump the treble a lot, drop the midrange a little and the bass is somewhere in between. Between Spotify's and Apple's EQs/settings the sound's not too bad. FM HD isn't too shabby but satellite is a disappointment, although that's not unique to Ford. I'm having the sub replaced along with a dedicated amp and the front door speakers, too. If you want to feel better about the B&O system listen to an XLT with the base audio and you'll instantly feel better. ;o)

Reactions
equalize1.jpeg
This is what i like: 500Hz is 0dB, 125, 2k, 4k are about -4dB (for reference).