Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Bang for the Buck Mod?

BigAnt75

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
So I have got the 93 Preformance tune from Adam and have a completely stock..except for H&R springs and Thermal 3inch exhaust. The gain with tune is incredible!! What in your opinion would be the next best MOD to increase HP? Without breaking the bank lol

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Increasing HP is great…using it is even better. The two best bangs for the buck are a rear swaybar and the FenFab subframe bushing inserts. Either one makes a big difference…do them together and it’ll feel like a new car.
If you’re set on HP though go with an intercooler. It won’t add power but will let you use the power you have, longer. After that…downpipes.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford F-150 Raptor
So I have got the 93 Preformance tune from Adam and have a completely stock..except for H&R springs and Thermal 3inch exhaust. The gain with tune is incredible!! What in your opinion would be the next best MOD to increase HP? Without breaking the bank lol
Intercooler should be the upmost priority. Then I’d go rear bushing inserts, rear vertical link, and rear sway bar. Should set you off let good

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST, Silver Spruce Metalic
An intercooler should be on your list. It doesn't add any HP but it helps you use what you have a lot better and helps prevents heat soak. The stock intercooler is very small! I followed @UNBROKEN's advice and got the rear sway bar, bushing inserts, plus the vertical links and toe links. The sway bar and bushing inserts are really noticable, especially when hitting an off ramp with some speed. You feel the vehicle is planted and doesn't have so much body roll. If you're looking for more HP though you are gonna have to spend some money. Upgrade the turbo, fuel injectors, fuel pump, etc. But again, you want to set up the vehicle to handle the HP before you add it or you will break things. Another good add-on is a differential brace. Your 22 will have the one bolt set up and adding extra torque is gonna cause it to fail. Lot's of reading on that subject on here.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford F-150 Raptor
An intercooler should be on your list. It doesn't add any HP but it helps you use what you have a lot better and helps prevents heat soak. The stock intercooler is very small! I followed @UNBROKEN's advice and got the rear sway bar, bushing inserts, plus the vertical links and toe links. The sway bar and bushing inserts are really noticable, especially when hitting an off ramp with some speed. You feel the vehicle is planted and doesn't have so much body roll. If you're looking for more HP though you are gonna have to spend some money. Upgrade the turbo, fuel injectors, fuel pump, etc. But again, you want to set up the vehicle to handle the HP before you add it or you will break things. Another good add-on is a differential brace. Your 22 will have the one bolt set up and adding extra torque is gonna cause it to fail. Lot's of reading on that subject on here.
Forgot about diff brace. Always a good add. Stock turbos are perfectly fine and can get you in the low 11 second range on ethonal. When you start running ethical and a lot of boost injectors are a good idea but aren’t needed until you get really crazy.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Increasing HP is great…using it is even better. The two best bangs for the buck are a rear swaybar and the FenFab subframe bushing inserts. Either one makes a big difference…do them together and it’ll feel like a new car.
If you’re set on HP though go with an intercooler. It won’t add power but will let you use the power you have, longer. After that…downpipes.
Does the Fenfab/Steeda subframe bushing supports require to jack the vehicle?

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford F-150 Raptor
Does the Fenfab/Steeda subframe bushing supports require to jack the vehicle?
Just the Rear. You have to to take weight off the rear subframe.

MIB

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Intercooler should be the upmost priority. Then I’d go rear bushing inserts, rear vertical link, and rear sway bar. Should set you off let good
I'm having the rear Steeda rear sway bar installed tomorrow. Rear bushing inserts never crossed my mind until now reading your post. In your opinion, is that difference of adding both that much more noticeable vs just adding the sway bar? Frankly, I'm not displeased with how it rides stock but as it is said, you don't know what you don't know. Thanks, in advance.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford F-150 Raptor
I'm having the rear Steeda rear sway bar installed tomorrow. Rear bushing inserts never crossed my mind until now reading your post. In your opinion, is that difference of adding both that much more noticeable vs just adding the sway bar? Frankly, I'm not displeased with how it rides stock but as it is said, you don't know what you don't know. Thanks, in advance.
Rear bushing inserts eliminate wheel hop. Unless you’re launching at all, a sway bar will be more beneficial. I for one would get the inserts.

MIB

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
I'm not at that level yet. :) Maybe one day but it's merely a daily driver right now. Thanks.