Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

AWD VS REAR WHEEL DRIVE STs

Razorback007

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST Infinite Blue
I’m satisfied with the AWD setup on our 21 ST. No worries about the snow & hills in our area as opposed to a RWD setup. I’m also grateful for the chance to own a 400hp ST, knowing that the push is on from Washington to put us all in ‘plug me in ‘ electric cars in the ever nearing future…. Until the car makers can ensure 1.21 gigawatts & a flux capacitor, I’m not inclined to go 100 miles and find a plug to charge up for another 100 miles….
So if Ford puts the 3.0l in other variations, or rebadges lesser varieties with “ST Line”…
so be it. We know what’s under our hood and in our blood. People have rebadged cars since the Fred Flinstone Days: just look at all the Subaru WRX owners rebadging them to appear as STis, or the Chevy Chevelle’s to SS396s, or…. Marcellus with his cheating razor hubcaps on his chariott, we know who had the better horsepower in that race—-
Ben-Hur….
Enjoy our hard earned STs, we will look back with pride as in the near future the Biffs and other Buttheads in Washington push electric on us….

Reactions
Acid