Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Average MPG

Reactions
What octane are you all using? I’m still on the original tank from the dealer, not sure what they put in, but was probably just gonna stick with 93 which is what I used on my previous car.
Varies, usually 87 with every 3rd or 4th fill up being 91.

Reactions
Mine is at 19.5 in mixed driving. Still on the dealer tank and currently 265 miles on the odometer. Not 100% sure which octane they put in but when the subject came up at the dealership, I asked what they were putting in it. The salesman said, "it is an ST, has to have 93...". Maybe he didn't know 87 was sufficient?? If I had to put money on it, I'd bet it was just 87.

Reactions
Mine is at 19.5 in mixed driving. Still on the dealer tank and currently 265 miles on the odometer. Not 100% sure which octane they put in but when the subject came up at the dealership, I asked what they were putting in it. The salesman said, "it is an ST, has to have 93...". Maybe he didn't know 87 was sufficient?? If I had to put money on it, I'd bet it was just 87.
I have no doubt they put in the cheapest gas

Reactions
Been running 87 on mine since I got it. 7,700 miles now. Normally average about 18 or so. Highway and some city driving. Mostly leave in Normal mode.

Izero

Reactions
I log every single one of my fuel-ups using an app called Fuelly, allows me to see trends... on previous vehicles I could actually see when my fuel economy would dip slightly as I approached needing an Oil Change or if oil was a quart low MPG would dip a bit too... I've been averaging 16.8mpg with my ST.... my best so far was 18.9mpg [couple country road runs to town from my cabin so some spirited driving was a must...otherwise I think I'd have had over 21 for sure]

Also gives me the cool signature item for Forums like this....

http://www.fuelly.com/car/ford/explorer/2020/izero/1001088