Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Autostop and heat shutting off

adot580

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST, 2019 Mustang Bullitt
1) auto stop sucks. 2) is it completely normal that when the car shuts down, does everyone’s heat shut off, the kick back on when you start going again?

Reactions
Vehicle
'21 Explorer ST
A lot of people (myself included) have eliminators installed to cancel the auto s/s.

It does make sense the heat would turn off. The engine isn’t running so the coolant wouldn’t be flowing through the heater core anyways.

With the car needing to start back up quickly it would make sense to have some things disengage for a smith quick start. Easiest thing is to turn off the Auto SS and you won’t have to deal with until you install the eliminator.

hbalek

Reactions
It's supposed to turn the engine back on or stay on if engine warm up is needed. Also in summer when AC is running it's supposed to keep the engine running to keep the interior cool. I would recommend setting the temp higher on the HVAC to keep the engine running longer. I am more annoyed with getting warm in the summer at stoplights.

TMac

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Or, you could spend an incredible single second of your time and press the 'off' button. Look, I know it's an incredible PITA, and an excruciating output of energy, but EVERYONE who gets into the car, presses the brake, pushes the start button, fastens the seatbelt, and puts the car in reverse (or drive), and if, like me you have to park on a hill, you release the e-brake.

No one ever complains about this!

I mean really, just press the button and build muscle memory. I release the e-brake, push the ASS off, and then shift into reverse. I never even think about it. If you want to spend a couple hundred bucks to fix it, OK, I get it, but is it really that hard?????

Dgoebel57

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
If you want to spend a couple hundred bucks to fix it, OK, I get it, but is it really that hard?????
Not sure what Autostop.start eliminator's you've looked at but the most expensive one I've seen is $99, and even seen some for $49.
And it does just plug in, it's so simple I only spent 10 minutes installing it three years ago and have never pressed that autostop/start button again.

OP
A

adot580

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST, 2019 Mustang Bullitt
Thread Starter #6
I guess this post was taken the wrong way. The point of it wasn’t to address the annoyance of the autostop. More about the fact that the heat shuts off. My wife’s jeep has autostop and the heat doesn’t shut off so just was confirming this was the norm with this car and there wasn’t an issue.

2manycars4me

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Durango SRT Hellcat
My fan does not shut off but once the heat is pulled from the heater core it starts to blow luke warm air. I get in the habit of turning off the Auto/Start/Stop, especially in the Winter.