Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Autostart-Stop

jmo2

Reactions
I recently purchased a 2020 ST and the Autostart-Stop feature never engages to shut off the engine when coming to a stop. The message displayed reads 'Engine on due to vehicle charging'. Is this normal? If so, what purpose does autostart-stop serve? Thanks.

Reactions
I would go with no. I 'd have the dealership if you brought it from one have it checked out. A year or so old vehicle should not have a charge warning.

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
It's the battery minder telling you that you have a fault (may just not have been driven enough) in the charging system, perhaps a battery issue. When the vehicle is low on charge it does not turn off because each time it restarts it's pulling more power out of a system that is low on charge.

I didn't drive my Exploder for a couple of weeks when it was brand new. I got this message as well. I put a 2 amp charger on it overnight and started to drive it a bit. We don't drive it far, haven't seen it since.