Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Auto Lock on exit!

BLNDTGR

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Why hasn't Ford integrated this common feature into their cars? Such a pain when switching between the Vettes and the EX

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford F-150 Raptor
Why hasn't Ford integrated this common feature into their cars? Such a pain when switching between the Vettes and the EX
For me I wouldnt like that feature but You can just on the lock button on the door handle. Just as easy. Welcome to the forum!

Reactions
As stated, just press the door lock sign on the door handle when you close the door. Pretty simple, not a huge deal

hbalek

Reactions
As stated, just press the door lock sign on the door handle when you close the door. Pretty simple, not a huge deal
Whenever I think I forgot to lock it, I use the app to lock remotely. The app is dumb because it should have a graphic display saying locked or unlocked before you press and hold the button.Instead you have to lock it again even if it's locked.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford F-150 Raptor
Whenever I think I forgot to lock it, I use the app to lock remotely. The app is dumb because it should have a graphic display saying locked or unlocked before you press and hold the button.Instead you have to lock it again even if it's locked.
Agree it’d be nice is it showed that.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST, Silver Spruce Metalic
My Ranger has Active Locking and I wish I had a nickle for everytime my keys have been locked inside. It's my aftermarket alarm and not a Ford thing but still.

Reactions
Oh im not saying its perfect, theres a ton of features I wish it had. My BMW app states when there's windows down, if the car is locked/unlocked, can use phone as key, car locks itself as you posted, etc. Ford is way behind on tech wise.

At least they made a slight app improvement on sliding to turn on car instead of holding the button which didnt work great to begin with.