Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Ashville ST SUV experience autocross times

bosephbarking

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Didn't see a thread for it. Anyone got a picture of their time from Ashville. I'll put mine up first.

My best run (not the one that counted sadly) was 29.187.

Attachments

Last edited:

I Bleed Ford Blue

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
23 Rapid Red Explorer ST
I didn't get a pic of the timer, but I did get a pic of the clipboard. I'm at the top with a time of 29.735, I also got the prize of unspeakable value as I was the only one with a sub 30 second run.

20220406_135512.jpg 20220408_131726.jpg

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
I felt like I was robbed. My fastest time wasn’t recorded because of a malfunction of their equipment. I didn’t get an extra run to compensate.

I came in second and tried to file an official protest. The winning driver was pregnant so she had a copilot. :ROFLMAO:

PXL_20211028_165547497_Original.jpeg

OP
B

bosephbarking

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #4
I didn't get a pic of the timer, but I did get a pic of the clipboard. I'm at the top with a time of 29.735, I also got the prize of unspeakable value as I was the only one with a sub 30 second run.

View attachment 18233 View attachment 18234
I got super excited on my third run and pushed it too hard. Awesome souvenir you have from your trip. Congratulations!

It's crazy in my group you would have ended up in 3rd! Our winner had 29.4 and second was a tenth of a second behind.

OP
B

bosephbarking

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #5
I felt like I was robbed. My fastest time wasn’t recorded because of a malfunction of their equipment. I didn’t get an extra run to compensate.

I came in second and tried to file an official protest. The winning driver was pregnant so she had a copilot. :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 18235
We had a couple who was in the edge group. They both were within tenths of a second from each other. She was a great driver.

I Bleed Ford Blue

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
23 Rapid Red Explorer ST
Didn't see a thread for it. Anyone got a picture of their time from Ashville. I'll put mine up first.

My best run (not the one that counted sadly) was 29.187.
My best run was the one before the run that counts, it was a 29.5xx

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
We had a couple who was in the edge group. They both were within tenths of a second from each other. She was a great driver.
The winner of our group was .607 faster than her husband, who was much faster than I. But I didn’t clip any cones. :cool:

Autoworker

1000 Post Club
Reactions
I was a slug. My wife outdrove me. Old Man Syndrome. Lol

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
I did the one in Park City last fall. My 17 year old daughter kicked my ass. She took 2nd overall only by like a tenth of a second. I was driving the ST way too hard.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
I did the last run, so I had to kind of study the course while my wife did the first set. My best time was 28.3, but, I touched two cones .

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ST
probably good to specify Park City of Ashville ;)