Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Ashpian’s Magnetic ST

Reactions
Picked her up two weeks ago and went right to work. I have a lot of goals for this car but as always you need to start with the basic stuff first. This is replacing my 2018 Mustang GT PP2 so it’s going to need some mods to make me happy driving it. Lol

Updates so far:
Xpel Paint Protection: Bumper, hood, front quarter panels, mirror, black trim panels
5 year ceramic coated
Ceramic tint 25%
Tinted tail lights and rear markers
Borla S-Type Exhaust
H&R Springs

Coming Soon:
Badges
Wheels

69EA193F-45DC-4EE1-80C9-6EB718025D64.jpeg
F0B51B77-0764-4545-9A82-D76EF308BCC0.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions
Picked her up two weeks ago and went right to work. I have a lot of goals for this car but as always you need to start with the basic stuff first. This is replacing my 2018 Mustang GT PP2 so it’s going to need some mods to make me happy driving it. Lol

Updates so far:
Xpel Paint Protection: Bumper, hood, front quarter panels, mirror, black trim panels
5 year ceramic coated
Ceramic tint 25%
Tinted tail lights and rear markers

Coming Soon:
H&R Springs
Borla S-type exhaust
Badges

View attachment 1264
View attachment 1265
Looks great so far!

My guy said they didn’t have templates to install Xpel just yet, was it a full body?

Also the hitch cover is a nice touch, where did you find it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

STFan

Administrator
Reactions
Great start, what did it cost you to do the paint protection film?

Reactions
Looks great so far!

My guy said they didn’t have templates to install Xpel just yet, was it a full body?

Also the hitch cover is a nice touch, where did you find it?

I got mine off Amazon. I love it. I got a lock as I'm sure others will love it too. Lol

Reactions
Looking great

OP
A
Reactions
Thread Starter #6
It was around $2k for all the xpel pieces and all the tint. It’s expensive I know but I’m super OCD about rock chips so it’s worth it to me. I’d recommend everyone get the black pillars done at least because I noticed tons of spider webbing in them already. Applying the film covered those defects 100% and they look perfect now. Ford uses the same black plastic on the Mustang trunk and it scratched super easy.

For the hitch cover I got that off amazon. It’s super subtle but that’s how I like it. Lol

Reactions
Really digging that hitch cover. It goes well with our color.

Reactions
Nice upgrades. Black lug nuts might be nice too.

OP
A
Reactions
Thread Starter #9
Nice upgrades. Black lug nuts might be nice too.
I had thought about that but I will likely be replacing the wheels and I'm not sure what color they will be at this point. I'm waiting on a few others here who have ordered various fitments to see which way I want to go on that. :)

OP
A
Reactions
Thread Starter #11
Got the ST lowered today along with getting a Borla S-Type exhaust installed. I must say it looks WAY better to my eye now. The exhaust tips are perfect.

The best my shop could do on the rear camber was -2 both sides. I’ll be reaching out to SPC again to see if they can make camber bolts for our application sometime soon. Otherwise, I’ll go the same route as Unbroken and have my shop fix it the hard way. They quoted 2-3 hours of labor to do it so it’s not cheap...

314799F3-48CC-44FA-A6E7-036D8BE8C009.jpeg 93B14F77-82AD-4F58-8F3C-2FD96F7E8884.jpeg 563E26DF-3805-438A-80AD-8A965FB148D2.jpeg

Last edited:

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
If you have a die grinder and a 1/2” carbide bit you can do it in your driveway in an hour.
Looks great though...a sporty SUV should have come this way to start.
Mind if I add the pics to the IG page I’m starting?

Reactions
If you have a die grinder and a 1/2” carbide bit you can do it in your driveway in an hour.
Yeah if you know what you are doing. Lol.

Reactions
Got the ST lowered today along with getting a Borla S-Type exhaust installed. I must say it looks WAY better to my eye now. The exhaust tips are perfect.

The best my shop could do on the rear camber was -2 both sides. I’ll be reaching out to SPC again to see if they can make camber bolts for our application sometime soon. Otherwise, I’ll go the same route as Unbroken and have my shop fix it the hard way. They quoted 2-3 hours of labor to do it so it’s not cheap...

View attachment 1337 View attachment 1338 View attachment 1339
Beautiful. Looks really nice.
Did you tint the rear lights?

Jshaffer3819

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions

View attachment 1337 View attachment 1338 View attachment 1339
How much space do you have from the top of the chrome tip to the vehicle? Just curious. I installed mine and I am hearing rattles. I’m sure it needs an adjustment. Looks great by the way.

OP
A
Reactions
Thread Starter #18
What percentage film did you use if you don’t mind me asking ?

I just wanted them smoked and not blacked out so I think they used the standard 35% film. They are still plenty bright.

OP
A
Reactions
Thread Starter #19
How much space do you have from the top of the chrome tip to the vehicle? Just curious. I installed mine and I am hearing rattles. I’m sure it needs an adjustment. Looks great by the way.

I think you’re referring to the exhaust tips? I’ll go out and measure that space at lunch.

OP
A
Reactions
Thread Starter #20
Sure I don’t mind. I’ll take some better ones on my camera this weekend though.