Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Are Aviators Welcome?

ryoung57

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
i hope I'm welcome here. There's nothing like this for the Aviator world. I was all set to buy an ST. The dealer was searching for a white one, and while I was waiting, I drove an Aviator. Now I'm hooked. But I'm coming from German cars where you can have the luxury but don't have to give up the performance, so I'm hoping to mod the Lincoln a little to firm it up. The Aviator and ST look to be identical from a powertrain standpoint, so tuners "should" work on both, but I can't find confirmation online. Has anyone on here modded an Aviator?

OP
R

ryoung57

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #4
Why not it's pretty much the same car
That's what I would think, but searching for the "aviator" keyword brings up basically zilch :D

Reactions
i hope I'm welcome here. There's nothing like this for the Aviator world. I was all set to buy an ST. The dealer was searching for a white one, and while I was waiting, I drove an Aviator. Now I'm hooked. But I'm coming from German cars where you can have the luxury but don't have to give up the performance, so I'm hoping to mod the Lincoln a little to firm it up. The Aviator and ST look to be identical from a powertrain standpoint, so tuners "should" work on both, but I can't find confirmation online. Has anyone on here modded an Aviator?
I have a Platinum lol I mean far as a mods community for the 3.0L, this place would possibly be the best place to go to.

STFan

Administrator
Reactions
Yes of course you’re welcomed

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
I've heard the suspension is slightly different..maybe just the fronts? Can you post pics?

Autoworker

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Welcome to the forum. Wondering what the weight difference is between the Aviator and the ST? Rear gear ratio?

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Welcome

Reactions
i sold my 20 ST about 8 months ago to buy a German car. Found out I made a mistake. Can’t find an ST so I thought I would do the same thing and purchase a aviator. I called Steeda for suspension info. You cannot use explorer springs on an Aviator. Back to my search for a ST. Jim

OHST

Reactions
i sold my 20 ST about 8 months ago to buy a German car. Found out I made a mistake. Can’t find an ST so I thought I would do the same thing and purchase a aviator. I called Steeda for suspension info. You cannot use explorer springs on an Aviator. Back to my search for a ST. Jim
Doesn’t the Aviator come with air suspension?

Reactions
I believe those are options only on the higher trims. Could be wrong though.

Reactions
Even on the reserve model air suspension is an option. Front springs are the problem. It is a bit different according to Steeda.

OP
R

ryoung57

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #14
Air springs are an option on the aviator. It's one of the things that has me looking at it over an ST. Being able to switch between firm for spirited driving and soft for hwy cruising is something I love about my Audi.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST High Perf Package
We had an Aviator Grand Touring - 3.0 Twin Turbo V6 plus PHEV. Fast as all hell, but it was a bouncy-bouncy old-man's luxury limo - I hated it. We got out of that lease and purchased an Explorer ST instead. It really felt like an upgrade. We lost the PHEV (only downside) but everything else about the ST is better, and with massaging seats too!