Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Anyone using an Autel Maxilink 629 scanner?

ZRX61

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Mine doesn't seem to be able to talk to the ST. It talks to the '11 Camaro & the beater '04 Accord.

OP
ZRX61

ZRX61

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Thread Starter #2
Disregard, Autel called me & told me I need to "upgrade from a $98 scanner to a $2000 Tablet"

It was a short call......I suggested he may have had sexual relations with his mom...

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
You are better off getting Forscan and an approved OBDII adapter for it anyways.

OP
ZRX61

ZRX61

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Thread Starter #4
What's the $$ for that set up?

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
If you just want diagnostics, android or iOS "Lite" app is $5.99.
For PC laptop use, Forscan can be downloaded from Forscan.org. There is a 2mo free trial you can sign up for. 3yr license is $20.

Bluetooth OBDLINK MX+ $120 is great for convenience. Will work for Lite app or PC. You can do diagnostics, and on PC, diagnostics and configuration changes.
https://www.amazon.com/OBDLink-Blue...tic-Performance/dp/B07JFRFJG6?ref_=ast_sto_dp

or

Wired OBDLINK EX $50. Works for PC. Can do diagnostics, configuration and module firmware updates (beta).
https://www.amazon.com/OBDLink-EX-FORScan-OBD-Adapter/dp/B081VQVD3F?ref_=ast_sto_dp

You only need one of the adapters above. There are other adapters that work but the above are recommended by Forscan.

95% of the time, I use the iOS Forscan Lite app with my MX+.
5% of the time, I use my PC with EX or MX+. I have a lifetime Forscan license.

Last edited:
OP
ZRX61

ZRX61

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Thread Starter #6
I won't be making config changes, it's all I can do to get my email working 90% of the time.

With that said, I am a mechanic... but I work on these things... (No computers required) :)

merlin1ac.jpg

radial1ab.jpg

TMac

1000 Post Club
Reactions
What the heck is that first Rolls-Royce V12 for? At first I thought it was for aircraft duty, but on second glance what I thought was a gear reduction box looks more like a pump. And just curious, what plane uses those radials?

OP
ZRX61

ZRX61

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Thread Starter #8
Merlin is out of a P51, That's the blower on the back of the engine. Carb is lower left corner. box looking thing up top is the intercooler.

Radial (R2800) was used in Hellcats, Bearcats, Tigercats, Invaders, Corsairs, Marauders, Thunderbolts, DC6 & Convair 240's, CH37 Mojave helicopters etc. A26 Invader version in the pic.

Merlin1ae.jpg

Merlin2ab.jpg

Merlin2ac.jpg