Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Anyone up for testing some catted downpipes?

Reactions
Vehicle
'21 Exp ST
7-28 EDIT: We found someone, folks. Thanks to everyone who offered up their time!

Hey folks - Jason from CVF here! Interested in test-fitting some downpipes for us while we prepare to roll them out? We love 3rd party data!

No hidden tricks here - you put down a deposit ($650) and after testing feedback is provided we kick back 50%. The only thing we ask is that you have the OEM exhaust on the vehicle!

If you're interested drop me a PM and let's chat!

• Features 400 cell cats
  • 304 stainless steel
  • Direct-fit OEM connection
  • Backed by our CVF Lifetime Warranty (even the test pipes!)

EST DP's - Copy.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Wow! Very Nice! The stock Cats are a$$ ugly. Are these CARB legal?

OP
CVF-Jason
Reactions
Vehicle
'21 Exp ST
Thread Starter #3
Wow! Very Nice! The stock Cats are a$$ ugly. Are these CARB legal?
Thanks! Nothing aftermarket (cats) is going to be CARB legal, though. Emissions is the stickiest part that CARB touches on and anything less restrictive than OEM (800 cells) is a no-no for them.

Reactions
Sign me up, I’ll test them!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Thanks! Nothing aftermarket (cats) is going to be CARB legal, though. Emissions is the stickiest part that CARB touches on and anything less restrictive than OEM (800 cells) is a no-no for them.
Yeah, sadly, one could hope though

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Yeah, sadly, one could hope though
You could get these cats and just write on them "CARB Approved, I'm Super Serious".

Or like I did the last time I had to pass smog with aftermarket cats, Mr. Franklin helped out. My car passed otherwise, it was just the visual.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
You could get these cats and just write on them "CARB Approved, I'm Super Serious".

Or like I did the last time I had to pass smog with aftermarket cats, Mr. Franklin helped out. My car passed otherwise, it was just the visual.
That’s hilarious! I mean one could probably pass it off as stock cats. They usually just do a visual inspection in the engine bay then hook it up to the meter. Just curious, would it have passed the sniff meter with the aftermarket ones?

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
That’s hilarious! I mean one could probably pass it off as stock cats. They usually just do a visual inspection in the engine bay then hook it up to the meter. Just curious, would it have passed the sniff meter with the aftermarket ones?
Yes it did pass the sniffer. 03 Cobra, intake, TB, pulley, tune, stock manifolds but Magnaflow catted x-pipe. Those actually had a plate that said "Off Road Use Only" welded on them!

Same place just smogged my buddy's GT350, tuned, with long tubes and catted X-pipe. He must have gotten more lenient as he just confirmed there was cats, and the car passed the plug-in test (no sniffer).

Reactions
I'm in Oregon, was a tester for your F150 intake also.

OP
CVF-Jason
Reactions
Vehicle
'21 Exp ST
Thread Starter #14
Is it too late to sign up for this? I’m in the LA region.
Still up for grabs if you've got a stock exhaust!

Donto

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
I'm on Central East Coast FL and more than willing to help out. Right now I'm all stock but looking at tuning. What are the test paramters required: Tune before and after? All stock intake track (no IC)? Other?

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Based on the previous post by OP I think you just have to have a stock exhaust.

Reactions
I'm possibly interested if you don't mind sending me a PM!

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
OP updated that they found enough volunteers.