Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Anyone running the jdm tune?

Nighthawk

U.S. Navy Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
I bought the jdm tune and was wondering if anyone knows how that runs compared to the zfg. 93 octane stock

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
It’s a very good, conservative tune. It generally won’t hang with a ZFG 93 tune though.

Jnat

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
So are the JDM and the ZFG the go to on this platform pretty much???... Just bought a new 2me 21 ST with 35k miles for my wife as a daily and am looking to add just a smidge more power. Not looking to push it and not looking for ethanol as i have that already on another vehicle.

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
JDM hasn't been a big name on this forum, though they seem to be respected elsewhere. You'd be hard-pressed to find bad words about ZFG on this forum. The Ford Performance Tune seems to have its fans though it advertises less HP and Torque than what others put out there, it does have Ford's approval. That seems to mean a lot to some owners. You also may want to look at a fairly newcomer, Goose Tuned, to this platform.

https://www.explorerst.org/threads/cobb-accessport-goosetuned-tuning-thread.6673/page-3#post-86831

Last edited:

ARC

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ST Black
I had 5-Star 93 and E50 tune. The power seemed good but the trans shifting was erratic and harsh.

Since then I went to Gearhead E50 tune and the shifts are great while producing good power. It's runs about 12 sec 1/4 on good days maybe 11.85.

Jnat

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Being that it's my wife's vehicle i'll stay conservative on this one (not what i normally do lol). I find on other platforms that the aftermarket tunes , even stage 1 type tunes really make the vehicle what they should have been from the factory. That's the result i'm looking form here.