Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

ANYONE running SBfilter hot & cold side piping??

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 EXPLORER ST
Yea mine I can hear now but before I cut the hood I’d have to roll the window down to make sure the Turbosmart valve was even working.
your ST is the hardest I’ve seen, period. That raw finish under the hood to mimic the silver paint puts you in GOAT status

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST, Silver Spruce Metalic
Looks like I’m going to go with FenFeb hot side and cold side with the TurboSmart BOV. It’s a bit more expensive but from everything I’ve read it’s worth it. How difficult is it to install this? I know it doesn’t come with any instructions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 EXPLORER ST
Super simple, should be able to find some YouTube videos out there

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Super simple, should be able to find some YouTube videos out there
If you find a video, please share cause I’ve never found one for the hot side. I struggled like hell to get the piping on passenger side pipe to turbo lol Cold side was a 5 min install

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 EXPLORER ST
Ahhh yes the driver side turbo, that’s the first piece that needs to go on then the cai. You need to find T handle 7mm/8mm/9mm/10mm tool. Mine is from my Armma RC car.. allows you to loosen the clamps and they are very compact. I pulled off the coupling that came on turbo and secured it to charge pipe the attached to turbo.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Yeah
Ahhh yes the driver side turbo, that’s the first piece that needs to go on then the cai. You need to find T handle 7mm/8mm/9mm/10mm tool. Mine is from my Armma RC car.. allows you to loosen the clamps and they are very compact. I pulled off the coupling that came on turbo and secured it to charge pipe the attached to turbo.
Driver side was cake, it’s the passenger side that I didn’t get along with lol

Mac, did you get an extra clamp piece that was smaller than the rest? What did you use it for?

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 EXPLORER ST
Let me go look, as I’m confused now lol!! I may have got the sides mixed up