Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Anyone installed the MRT H-pipe?

2PAC

Reactions
I’ve owned and driven V-8 Mustangs going back 30+ years and currently have a highly modified ‘03 Cobra. It’s totally different with toys that aren’t driven often, which benefit from a performance exhaust, vs. a daily driver that is loud for no reason. A nice rumble is fine, but obnoxious is pointless, especially with the ST. As I discovered with the H-pipe/Gibson combo, it was annoying (probably similar to the MBRP kit), but exhaust sounds are always subjective. Having stock components with just the new axle-back is perfect in my book. To each his own.
I looked at the mbrp catback and it has a small chambered muffler but other than that looks relatively straight through, I'm thinking the mrt is gonna be a bit louder. My main concern was really drone, neighbors are far apart and as long as interior noise/drone are good then I'm ok.

How was the interior noise/drone with just the h pipe? I'm debating swapping out the mrt with the mbrp now.

Reactions
I looked at the mbrp catback and it has a small chambered muffler but other than that looks relatively straight through, I'm thinking the mrt is gonna be a bit louder. My main concern was really drone, neighbors are far apart and as long as interior noise/drone are good then I'm ok.

How was the interior noise/drone with just the h pipe? I'm debating swapping out the mrt with the mbrp now.
Zero drone with the H-pipe, and really none at all with it and the Gibson “mufflers”. It was just too damn loud that way as I mentioned. With the OE resonator and Gibson kit, it sounds like it should have come that way from Ford. I did like the H-pipe, of course, but the bump in sound was beneath my seat, rather than out the back - if that makes sense. Definitely would have stayed with it had Gibson not produced their kit since most everything else was annoying noise in my book.

ARC

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ST Black
What did mrt say when you went to return their h pipe?
i have not returned it as of yet.
I bought it from Lethal performance so they are working on the return.
I advised them that my installer was'nt too sure about thier clamps and about retrofitting it to the stock setup where the bend is on the passenger side. He advised me that a possible leak may occur in the future.
So between that and some of the complaints on here I decided to go with a cat back MBRP setup.