Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Anyone have the Wix oil filter #?

ZRX61

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
My google-fu is failing me...

OP
ZRX61

ZRX61

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Thread Starter #4
Good thing I bought a spiffy set of o-ring tools a few months ago... altho with that said, I don't change them every time. Camaro has 70k+ miles on it, I've changed the o-ring once & there are a bunch of new ones hanging on a hook in the garage. My Kaw ZRX1100 has 120,860 miles on it, gets new oil/filter every 3k miles & I've replaced the o-ring once in 23 years... in fact it will be it's 23rd birthday on Saturday.

Amazon is telling me the WL10050 doesn't fit a 2020 Explorer, yet the pic clearly shows the correct filter.

O-ring doodads:
https://www.amazon.com/OEMTOOLS-254...ve&sprefix=o+ring+tools,automotive,185&sr=1-5

I buzzed the business ends with a fiber deburring wheel to remove any sharp edges.

Razorback007

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST Infinite Blue
Does anyone have the Ford part number for the engine oil drain plug .
I’ve been told it is. : 9L826730A. However Internet searches reveal nothing.

Has anyone found other aftermarket ones or alternative OEM Ford ones that work?

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
The UPR is really nice IMO.

OP
ZRX61

ZRX61

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Thread Starter #8
Does anyone have the Ford part number for the engine oil drain plug .
I’ve been told it is. : 9L826730A. However Internet searches reveal nothing.

Has anyone found other aftermarket ones or alternative OEM Ford ones that work?

I bought the Ronin version. will be installing it in about 950 miles when it gets the 10k mile oil/filter change. Also bought some 6in tall ramps to make that chore easier.

https://roninfactory.com/products/ford-f150-raptor-oil-drain-ronin-factory

Razorback007

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST Infinite Blue

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
Here's a thought you may consider. It works well for me. You can buy a couple to a few feet of clear plastic tubing that you can just push on the end of the UPR. Drop the end of the hose in your drain pan and you'll never get another piece of cardboard to put under the drain pan again. No oil spots on the concrete.

I always clean my drain pan with a solvent or gas before I put it away. I just pour it through the clear tubing into the pan at clean up. Everything is the way it should be. Nothing could be much easier unless you have your own oil drain pit.

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer Platinum
UPR2.jpg UPR1.jpg
IMG_9939.JPG IMG_9940.JPG

A few extra inches helps too.

Last edited:
Reactions
+1 for UPR drain plug! Makes it a 20 minute ordeal to change oil with no mess. Also I use the K&N filter which comes with O rings but for some odd reason the website says it won't fit and suggests a standard canister filter. Weird. here is the part number. HP7037. I have a 21

F=MA

Reactions
I have that same plug sitting in the tool cabinet NOS. I let the vacuum pump suck the oil out of the dip stick tube instead. No ramps, jacks, lifts or lying beneath the truck removing the air deflector. No chance of busting that cheap yellow plug either. No oil dripping on the floor.

OP
ZRX61

ZRX61

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Thread Starter #14
I have that same plug sitting in the tool cabinet NOS. I let the vacuum pump suck the oil out of the dip stick tube instead. No ramps, jacks, lifts or lying beneath the truck removing the air deflector. No chance of busting that cheap yellow plug either. No oil dripping on the floor.
Doing it the traditional way allows you to give the underside a look over to check for issues etc.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Can you post a parts list for using the vacuum pump? What size hose?
I have a vacuum pump I use for brake and fluid changes.

Reactions
Can you post a parts list for using the vacuum pump? What size hose?
I have a vacuum pump I use for brake and fluid changes.
Something like this:

https://www.amazon.com/EWK-Pneumatic-Changer-Extractor-Bleeding/dp/B07LGTGMWN/ref=mp_s_a_1_5?crid=2VMM37K7A53BI&keywords=ewk+oil+extractor&qid=1651853995&sprefix=ewk+,aps,137&sr=8-5#

Should come with the correct hose also. I picked up the 10.5 L version so I could also use it on the tractors

Reactions
A few extra inches helps too.
THATS WHAT SHE SAID, THATS WHAT SHE SAID!!!!

I can't ignore a great time to quote Wayne Campbell and Michael Scott.

Seriously though, the UPR drain plug is amazing. Grab a 1/2" ID flex hose to put on the end when draining and there is no mess.