Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Anyone had to replace a rear wheel hub yet?

Reactions
Anyone out there had to replace a rear wheel hub? Anything I should know before diving into it? Parts are ordered, going to try to tackle it this weekend.

OP
S
Reactions
Thread Starter #2
I'll update this for anyone needing to do it... Its not a bad job if you have a press but if not I wouldn't attempt it. Hub was seized in the knuckle. Also I highly recommend you check and double check the Ford part numbers.13-current explorers all share the same front wheel hub 13-19 use this hub on all 4 corners, in 20 the rear hub changed to a bigger unit, Most part suppliers info (Ford included) aren't showing this correctly in their system. It took 3 dealerships to finally track down the right part and get it ordered. Unfortunately, it won't be in till later this week. Once it gets here I'll update this with the part number for anyone looking...

Last edited: