Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Anyone had their interior door panels off.. or intending to for any reason? Wobbly windows..

ZRX61

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
There's something *cheap* with the way the glass wobbles around when the windows are open. Noticed it when I had them slightly open for cleaning the other day.

Either the channel the glass sits in is too big to hold the glass, or the hardware (bolts, rivets?) that holds the entire mechanism together is smaller than the holes it goes through.

If the issue is the channel, then it could be fixed with a tube of some kinda goop squirted between the glass & the channel...

Anyone have pics of the inside of the doors?

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Most likely the channel that holds the rear windows has a single pivot point. The windows rock a bit when they're not up all the way. Doesn't seem to be serious. I just hold 'em steady while I clean.

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
The plastic part below the glass and is cable actuated and supports the glass. The glass has 2 holes in the bottom and snaps into the plastic piece.

Cruising68

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Just to add, if you don't get the plastic pieces fully seated back into the glass you can have issues. I had problems when re-assembling the first door panel. Found out one of the plastic snap-ins was not fully inserted and popped out causing window issues.

Reactions
Vehicle
Ford Explorer ST 2022
Just to add, if you don't get the plastic pieces fully seated back into the glass you can have issues. I had problems when re-assembling the first door panel. Found out one of the plastic snap-ins was not fully inserted and popped out causing window issues.
Trying to take this piece out to get sound deadening behind it. Any trick to this or does it just "snap" out of the glass holes?

Cdubya

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Trying to take this piece out to get sound deadening behind it. Any trick to this or does it just "snap" out of the glass holes?
Peruse the service manual for the correct procedure:
https://www.foexplorer.com/ford_explorer_glass_frames_and_mechanisms-1307.html

I'd also recommend buying these door cover clips if you plan on removing the interior cover for any reason. One is surely to break.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07CJLB446/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1