Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Anyone else with Issues after Catalytic Converter Recall??

Firestar

Reactions
Hi. 2020 owner here. Just got the catalytic converter recall completed. The car is so loud now, and vibrates upon acceleration, especially between 42-65. (Probably higher too, but we have some overzealous state patrol here, lol, so couldn’t test her out appropriately.) Also seems to struggle getting into gear.

Not gonna lie, I know so little about vehicles, I follow instructions well- maintenance, recalls, etc- do what I’m supposed to. I am so angry the purr is gone and it isn’t driving the same. Happened yesterday, didn’t call the dealer yet.

Hoping for advice on what to ask/say. Also, has anyone else experienced this issue?

hbalek

Reactions
Hi. 2020 owner here. Just got the catalytic converter recall completed. The car is so loud now, and vibrates upon acceleration, especially between 42-65. (Probably higher too, but we have some overzealous state patrol here, lol, so couldn’t test her out appropriately.) Also seems to struggle getting into gear.

Not gonna lie, I know so little about vehicles, I follow instructions well- maintenance, recalls, etc- do what I’m supposed to. I am so angry the purr is gone and it isn’t driving the same. Happened yesterday, didn’t call the dealer yet.

Hoping for advice on what to ask/say. Also, has anyone else experienced this issue?
Mine sounded and smelled better after the replacement of the driver side catalytic converter. Mine was louder, rattled and smelled like untreated fumes before replacement.

Reactions

They did something wrong, take it back. I'm on mt second replacement set. Could be a bad connection between the engine and down pipe, could be they jacked up the flex connection or the cat down pipe is bad like in my case on the second round. All is good now. One thing for sure, it won't get better over time