Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Anyone done a behind the grill led light bar

Reactions
Looking to see if anyones done one

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jshaffer3819

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
I did one here. Not behind the grill
I like that. Do you mind sharing the details where you got it and how you hooked it up? When do you use it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions
I like that. Do you mind sharing the details where you got it and how you hooked it up? When do you use it?

I did a cheap pro comp 20 inch light bar from 4WP. It was not easy. I had to remove the front bumper and use about 1 to 2 inch spacers to lift it high enough to line up with that opening. There is a rubber piece behind the bumper that I screwed it into. It took about 2 hours. I Use it on back roads mostly. It is super bright.

Nine29

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
Looks good...how did you run the wiring and where did you mount the switch?

OP
Laconic
Reactions
Thread Starter #6
Do you have any photos of it with the grill off?

Reactions
Looks good...how did you run the wiring and where did you mount the switch?
I mounted the switch on left side of steering wheel where that little panel door is.

Nine29

Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 ST
I mounted the switch on left side of steering wheel where that little panel door is.
You run the wiring through the firewall? If so, where did you feed it (any pics)? I'd like to install some additional lighting but can't find anywhere to run the wires...

Reactions
You run the wiring through the firewall? If so, where did you feed it (any pics)? I'd like to install some additional lighting but can't find anywhere to run the wires...
I don’t have pics but I ran through the firewall on drivers side where the factory rubber garment is. I pulled it back and used a wall fish to push it through.

Reactions
I
I did one here. Not behind the grill

Hey I'm still waiting on my 22 I was just wondering what the hight of that gap you put the light bar in and the hight of the lightbar. Thanks man. I bought a RIGID 882213BLK 20 Inch and now am Seco d guessing if it will fit

Reactions
Mines a 20 inch pro comp. I used rigid mount with some spacers. I can’t really remember how tall the spacers were. Maybe 1.5 inch.

Reactions
Hmm. Well I guess we'll see lol.