Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Any Stage 3 upgrades known yet? COBB said they aren't doing it yet.

lordboots

Reactions
I put the COBB Stage 3 on my Focus ST and that turned it into a beast. We have the new 2020 ST Explorer and am hoping somebody comes out with a full kit to upgrade it soon.

tc3driver

Reactions
From the research and reading that I have seen both on this forum and off, it is probably held back by fueling issues, the fuel pump and injectors seem to be barely adequate for the vehicle in its stock form. Those things would easily add $1000-$1600 to the price of a stage 3 performance kit. I could be wrong and insert my foot into my mouth.

Reactions
i’m not mad at the modest performance of the explorer.. i just wish it would make some real noise.. that piped in noise is awful.. i would enjoy a solid intake, catless pipes, and a quality tune that would make this truck just all around a better experience

OP
L

lordboots

Reactions
Thread Starter #4
i’m not mad at the modest performance of the explorer.. i just wish it would make some real noise.. that piped in noise is awful.. i would enjoy a solid intake, catless pipes, and a quality tune that would make this truck just all around a better experience
I've been looking at the Borla exhaust systems, that might make it meaner sounding for sure, not sure what the gains would be for performance. The modifications on the chip and mapping show running E85 will produce over 500 horsepower, but not sure if you have to change the maps when you run lower grade gas in the thing or how that all works, thus I wanted an 89 octane Stage III system with better pipes.

KegsBdry

Reactions
I put the COBB Stage 3 on my Focus ST and that turned it into a beast. We have the new 2020 ST Explorer and am hoping somebody comes out with a full kit to upgrade it soon.
I too am looking forward to any Stages available in the Explorer ST. My focus was only up to Stage 2 but it was fun adding modifications to make it more torque oriented. Didn’t really start loving the Focus ST until I started modifying the vehicle. Probably one of the many reasons why I bought another ST.

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Ford Explorer ST
I too am looking forward to any Stages available in the Explorer ST. My focus was only up to Stage 2 but it was fun adding modifications to make it more torque oriented. Didn’t really start loving the Focus ST until I started modifying the vehicle. Probably one of the many reasons why I bought another ST.
I had the same experience with my 2015 Focus ST. Went stage 1 via COBB and it was a completely different vehicle. I just purchased my 2023 Explorer ST last month and the first place I looked for upgrades was Cobbs site. So happy to see they have the Accessport V3 for it. I think I may wait to see what they do for intake, intercooler, etc. Cobb may be slow, but the quality and bang for buck on my Focus ST were unbelievable.

Last edited:
Reactions
There's already proven solutions for all of that. ZFG, Whipple, Afe(or S&B)

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
There's already proven solutions for all of that. ZFG, Whipple, Afe(or S&B)
I definitely don’t understand the mentality of waiting for something that already exists. Baffling…

Reactions
I definitely don’t understand the mentality of waiting for something that already exists. Baffling…
Right? What exactly are they waiting for. There's a proven recipe out there for 650 all wheel horsepower and everything in between.... why would you wait for a company that's 4 years behind and only getting into it because we (the Community not just me) made it cool

Sent from my SM-S918U1 using Tapatalk

Reactions
Right? What exactly are they waiting for. There's a proven recipe out there for 650 all wheel horsepower and everything in between.... why would you wait for a company that's 4 years behind and only getting into it because we (the Community not just me) made it cool

Sent from my SM-S918U1 using Tapatalk
I blame that tik tok guy for this.