Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Any idea what this is from?

Houdini

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
I have owned my 2023 for less than 200 miles (currently at 9,100 miles) and am experiencing the burning oil smell at stoplights. While doing a quick crawl under and over I found this part (PA66-GF33) sitting on top of the intake. Any idea where it may have come from? I do plan on taking it to the dealer for the burning smell, but always like to have an idea of what I’m dealing with overall. Thanks in advance for any insight you can provide!

Attachments

Reactions
Vehicle
BMW X5, Black 2020 ST
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
I have owned my 2023 for less than 200 miles (currently at 9,100 miles) and am experiencing the burning oil smell at stoplights. While doing a quick crawl under and over I found this part (PA66-GF33) sitting on top of the intake. Any idea where it may have come from? I do plan on taking it to the dealer for the burning smell, but always like to have an idea of what I’m dealing with overall. Thanks in advance for any insight you can provide!
Could it be this?

20240123_110058.jpg

OP
H

Houdini

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #4
I would say that is exactly what it is! It seems most others have had theirs fall off as well, so I greatly appreciate you being able to find it.

Dale5403

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Decided to take a look at mine. It was there but completely loose. Don't plan to replace it.

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
I would say that is exactly what it is! It seems most others have had theirs fall off as well, so I greatly appreciate you being able to find it.
Glad to have helped, as far as the burning smell you may want to check your exhaust pipes at the joints, your turbos may be leaking oil.