Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Another New Owner

Reactions
Hello,

Greetings from Kelowna, BC, Canada. My name is Mark and I followed through with my thought that if Ford built something that really competed with the chrysler SRT products, I would buy one.

Last time I needed a family vehicle, I settled for an explorer sport as the Durango SRT was out of my price range and I didn't want to risk putting my 3 boys in the same row in the back of an SRT Jeep as road trips would be a nightmare, filled with failed attempts at peacekeeping.

I Traded in my 2017 Smoked Quartz Ex Sport on Saturday on an Agate Black Street pack/Tech Pack/Dual Panel moon roof ST.

None of the dealers here had what I really wanted: Dual Panel moonroof, all weather floor liners and nothing else but the dealer was willing to work on the price.

So far, it is a huge improvement over the Ex Sport in just about every way.

As for plans, I'll try and keep it simple but we all know how that goes. With the Ex Sport, I did a 3 bar MAP sensor tune from SSI and a JLT catch can. I'll probably do the same with this one but may look into intercooler options or even a water/meth system as the biggest shortcomings with these making big power seem to be air charge temperature and octane. So far, I like how much harder the sport can launch but it is down on power to the tuned 3.5 from my Ex Sport.

My other cars are a 2009 Mustang GT (built motor, powerhouse turbo kit-BW S369SX-E Turbo, and a TR6060), and a 2002 SVT Focus. I take the mustang to our local 1/8th mile track (Thunder Mountain) whenever they are open and try and get down to Mission BC to run the 1/4 mile every year.

Last edited:
Reactions
Congrats and welcome to the group

STFan

Administrator
Reactions
Congrats

Reactions
Congratulations and welcome!