Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

another new guy.

CH46E

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions
Hi all. I'm Chris. Live in FL. Just picked up (2 days ago) a 2020 ST with 11K miles. Absolutely love it. I traded in a 2008 Toyota Highlander. So as you can imagine this is a huge upgrade for me.
I stayed up way to late the last few nights reading here.
So far I have only put the K&N drop-in in. I just ordered Dragy.
Spoke to Rare Fab in S. FL (Next door to Palm Beach Dyno) and I'm waiting to hear back on how long it will take to get the Whipple IC and SPD DPs. I'm not 100% sure I want to do the DPs yet. I was also wanting to do the turbosmart dual valve, 50% to atmosphere diverter valve.

I have a few messages out to some tuners. I have not decided who to go with yet. I have to say none of the tuners I have reached out to are particularly great and answering phones or returning emails. Kinda makes me worried about future support of thier products.

Looking forward to reading and learning more from you all. Thanks
20211012_140056.jpg

STFan

Administrator
Reactions
Welcome aboard and congrats Chris

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Welcome to the forum

OP
CH46E

CH46E

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions
Thread Starter #5
Thanks guys. This is by far the nicest auto I've ever purchased. It kinda stung a bit this morning when I got a cashiers check for $20K for the down payment. The dealer let me ride a dealer plate for the holiday weekend. My stomach was in knots man.

Quick question.... would I be correct in assuming I have the street package or high performance package since I have the 21 inch wheels? That would mean I have the larger brakes also correct? Can you tell from the pics if I have the larger brakes? I sure hope I do. I've always used EBC for my tuned cars. This will be no different. But I maybtry some Carbotech pads with DBA rotors this time. Thanks.

OP
CH46E

CH46E

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions
Thread Starter #6
I just went onto Ford Show Parts and ordered a new window sticker. Should show me all the options right? I sure hope so for $60.00!!!

Reactions
can you make an account with Ford.com? does the sticker appear there?

OP
CH46E

CH46E

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions
Thread Starter #8
can you make an account with Ford.com? does the sticker appear there?
Dark Knight? Do we know each other from another forum? Polk Audio maybe? Audio Karma?

I'm not sure about Ford.com. I searched for about 10 min before ordering it.

Reactions
Should be since you have the red calipers
I would have asked the dealer for a build sheet free of charge and cancel the 60 dollar order.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Congrats! Funny coincidence, I went from a Highlander to the ST as well :)

TMac

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Hi all. I'm Chris. Live in FL. Just picked up (2 days ago) a 2020 ST with 11K miles. Absolutely love it. I traded in a 2008 Toyota Highlander. So as you can imagine this is a huge upgrade for me.
I stayed up way to late the last few nights reading here.
So far I have only put the K&N drop-in in. I just ordered Dragy.
Spoke to Rare Fab in S. FL (Next door to Palm Beach Dyno) and I'm waiting to hear back on how long it will take to get the Whipple IC and SPD DPs. I'm not 100% sure I want to do the DPs yet. I was also wanting to do the turbosmart dual valve, 50% to atmosphere diverter valve.

I have a few messages out to some tuners. I have not decided who to go with yet. I have to say none of the tuners I have reached out to are particularly great and answering phones or returning emails. Kinda makes me worried about future support of thier products.

Looking forward to reading and learning more from you all. Thanks
View attachment 8072
Yep, 21s and big red brake calipers, you are set with the good brakes.

OP
CH46E

CH46E

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions
Thread Starter #12
Thanks guys.

So far I have the dual port turbo smart bov and Whipple mega cooler on order. Once they come in I'll head down towards Miami for the install. I got my RTD+ today. Sent my stock file to 5 Star tonight.

Got my fron windows tinted to match the 15% rears. And did the windshield in 50%. All Lumnar Irx Ceramic. Looks great!

Next on order is the Bora 1 inch spacers. I know I'll have to cut the studs.

20211019_110117.jpg 20211019_110133.jpg

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Welcome to the forum

OP
CH46E

CH46E

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions
Thread Starter #14
Welcome to the forum
Thanks man. I really liked the blue. But this red just literally jumped out at me. I had just finished a gun purchase at my local firearms dealer and saw this at the local Lincoln dealership. I was in a rush. Looked at it. Made a offer and I was driving it 2 days later.

I'm super stoked about it. Got a quote from a local exotic car detailer to do a serious paint protection package. A little over $1,200 in detailing and protection.

I really don't want to mess with the sound system ..... but this B&O really sucks. The bass is so bloated. I think I'll just live with it. Although I have some killer old school high end car audio in storage. I'll probably install it all in my son's 1st car. He is 16 now. Will have his first car soon.

OP
CH46E

CH46E

U.S. Marine Veteran
Reactions
Thread Starter #15
I was 1 car off from being at a red light with a Shelby F150 tonight. I would have gave it the beans but it just was not in the alignment tonight. After all is said and done I think it would be a good race.

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Can't lose with a ST doesn't matter what color it is.

Reactions
Welcome

Explorer ST Posts