Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

And now the drivers door has failed...

driver bob

Reactions
Since getting the ST on August 31st we've been waiting on some trim pieces that were damaged on delivery, we've got the infuriating brake module / solenoid grind that's waiting on warranty, we're dealing with an intermittent (but persistent) rattle from the rear seats and New Years Eve the drivers door module decided to stop working and make the door inoperable unless another door is opened first. Dropped it off at the dealer today, our sales guy is super apologetic, promised to get it looked at tomorrow first thing.
When it works it's great but the seemingly poor build quality is really starting to irritate us.

Reactions
Since getting the ST on August 31st we've been waiting on some trim pieces that were damaged on delivery, we've got the infuriating brake module / solenoid grind that's waiting on warranty, we're dealing with an intermittent (but persistent) rattle from the rear seats and New Years Eve the drivers door module decided to stop working and make the door inoperable unless another door is opened first. Dropped it off at the dealer today, our sales guy is super apologetic, promised to get it looked at tomorrow first thing.
When it works it's great but the seemingly poor build quality is really starting to irritate us.
We had the driver door issue in our 2020 shortly after receiving it, but nothing more -- with that particular issue, anyway -- since they fixed it. Seemed like a lot of folks were starting to have similar issues in our city around the same time we did so I'm surprised there wasn't some sort of recall.

OP
D
Reactions
Thread Starter #3
After 5 days at the dealer they are still unable to fix the door. I have an open case with Ford Canada about it and have been provided with a loaner ('19 Escape) as I a car with a drivers door that won't always open is a safety issue.