Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

FS Amsoil

Reactions
If anybody is interested I can offer special pricing on the full line of Amsoil products. I am making no money by offering these prices, just passing them on to forum members(Mods if this type of thread is not allowed let me know and I will delete it or you all can delete it). I can not advertise them and every one will be slightly different anyway. All quotes are custom and due to my day job it can take me a few hours some times to respond to PM's or posts on here.

Shipping is generally 1-2 days due to Amsoil having, I think its 11, distribution centers around the USA. I believe I can also sell it to Canada as there is a distribution center located there, although I have never sold it to Canada.

My sponsoring dealer(a retired nuclear sub boat captain who races Corvettes) is pretty into the tech aspect of Amsoil and he is plugged in with one of the oldest Amsoil dealers so can get info from the Amsoil tech line and their engineers thinking on things if there are questions.

So far the recommendation from Amsoil(which would have been my recommendation anyway) is 5w30 Signature and an Amsoil filter(EA15K43), proper weight severe gear oils for the diff's(Severe gear is CONSTANTLY rated as one of the best gear oils on the market), Signature series ATF for the transmission and transfer case(PTU).

Amsoil guarantee's their Signature series with their filter for 25k mile oil changes or 1 year. I would GUESS most on this forum will hit the 1 year before 25k miles. I have run Amsoil in a lot of different vehicles and generally run 10k mile OCI and send oil out to Blackstone for analysis. Amsoil has their own lab they use, but I personally like using Blackstone as I know they arent influenced in anyway by Amsoil. I have no proof their recommended lab has ever been influenced one way or the other by Amsoil, but I just like to use Blackstone as they have probably the largest collection of data points on oil in the industry.

So PM me or post here what you might be interested in. Like I said I can get the full line for whatever vehicles you have(boats, powersports, lawn equipment, tractors, etc...).

Reactions
You can definitely ship to Canada. I get all my Amsoil stuff from a guy in Texas and most everything ships from here anyways.

OP
R
Reactions
Thread Starter #3
You can definitely ship to Canada. I get all my Amsoil stuff from a guy in Texas and most everything ships from here anyways.
yes I am aware of that, I just personally have never sold to anybody in Canada before. The warehouse is in Alberta.

I usually take paypal, but I dont think I have ever taken paypal from anybody in Canada before. Beyond that I know its not a problem.

Dave G ST

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Was wondering if you would know why Ford went with 5w-30 rather than 5w-20? It doesn't get real cold where I live, so I am fine with 5w, but feel that 20 weight should be fine and squeeze out a little bit better on the gas mileage.

OP
R
Reactions
Thread Starter #5
Was wondering if you would know why Ford went with 5w-30 rather than 5w-20? It doesn't get real cold where I live, so I am fine with 5w, but feel that 20 weight should be fine and squeeze out a little bit better on the gas mileage.
I cant and wont speak to Ford's engineering decision making.

HOWEVER being turbo motors the clearances are usually on the looser side so a slightly thicker oil is usually warranted. Also turbo motors tend to produce more heat and put more demand on the oil as a result. 30w will withstand that heat load better than 20w. Obviously thicker oil is better at this, to a point.

I would never run a THINNER oil personally speaking.

And I would say any mileage difference wouldnt be measurable. Keeping your air pressures correct(or a few PSI high) would probably do more and not risk a warranty issue. If an engine pops, the dealer WILL pull an oil sample and have it analyzed. Amazing what they can figure out from an oil analysis, including probable original viscosity.

Reactions
yes I am aware of that, I just personally have never sold to anybody in Canada before. The warehouse is in Alberta.

I usually take paypal, but I dont think I have ever taken paypal from anybody in Canada before. Beyond that I know its not a problem.
It auto converts it into US. It’s the exact same as getting money from someone in the US for you.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ST
Old thread but just a note, Amsoil is recommending their fuel efficient signature series transmission fluid for the 10R60 in our Explorers and they shouldn't be. The 10R60 and 10R80 use Mercon ULV with a viscosity of 4.5 at 100c and 19 at 40c. Amsoil FE SS fluid is 6.3 at 100c and 30.8 at 40c, big difference that I wouldn't risk.
Having said that I'm an Amsoil dealer myself and use them in all my vehicles, just not for the trans in my ST.

Reactions
Old thread but just a note, Amsoil is recommending their fuel efficient signature series transmission fluid for the 10R60 in our Explorers and they shouldn't be. The 10R60 and 10R80 use Mercon ULV with a viscosity of 4.5 at 100c and 19 at 40c. Amsoil FE SS fluid is 6.3 at 100c and 30.8 at 40c, big difference that I wouldn't risk.
Having said that I'm an Amsoil dealer myself and use them in all my vehicles, just not for the trans in my ST.
Are you using OEM for the trans?

What fluids are you using for the front and rear diff?

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 ST
Are you using OEM for the trans?

What fluids are you using for the front and rear diff?
I just got my ST this past Friday and with just under 15k on it I assume it's running the stock fluids but I've got Amsoil severe gear ordered for it. 75W90 for the rear and 75W140 for the front. For the trans I plan on trying Valvoline ULV ATF. Like any other ULV It's a full synthetic and made specifically for the Ford and GM 10-spd transmissions. The F150/Raptor groups seem to like it for the 10R80. The only other aftermarket option I've seen is Ravenol ULV D-M but it's damn near impossible to find in the US.

Reactions
Before I saw this I used amsoil last weekend and just did another change with the Valvoline to thin it out. You don't need a spec sheet to tell you the viscosity is drastically different at room temp. Hopefully the difference is negible for those that are using their recommendation.

Reactions
I just got my ST this past Friday and with just under 15k on it I assume it's running the stock fluids but I've got Amsoil severe gear ordered for it. 75W90 for the rear and 75W140 for the front. For the trans I plan on trying Valvoline ULV ATF. Like any other ULV It's a full synthetic and made specifically for the Ford and GM 10-spd transmissions. The F150/Raptor groups seem to like it for the 10R80. The only other aftermarket option I've seen is Ravenol ULV D-M but it's damn near impossible to find in the US.
I see a lot of 10r80 folks saying good things about Valvoline. Did you end up putting Valvoline in yours yet?