Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Ambient Lighting not working in doors

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 carbonized grey ST
Anybody know what would cause the ambient lightning not to illuminate in the doors? Just noticed the other morning while driving to work that the door handles and the lower portion is not lit on all 4 doors. the floorboards are lit just not the doors.
they worked when i got the vehicle and i don't really have a timeline on when the stopped working just noticed it this week. Am i missing something simple?? Can change the colors and everything , that works fine just not illuminating in the doors. Would this be a SYNC issue or something else?

Thanks, GM

Gio2ayala

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 explorer st
Did you ever figure it out? Just got mine 2 days ago and im not sure if i pressed something or whats going on. Thanks in advance

OP
G
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 carbonized grey ST
Thread Starter #3
Naw , seems to be intermittent. When i get in it in the morning they work until SYNC screen fully loads and then they cut off. Then if i stop at the store a little later get back in and they work. Sometimes just the back doors are lit and sometimes none, sometimes everything works just fine. Im still leaning towards an issue with SYNC.

hbalek

Reactions
Naw , seems to be intermittent. When i get in it in the morning they work until SYNC screen fully loads and then they cut off. Then if i stop at the store a little later get back in and they work. Sometimes just the back doors are lit and sometimes none, sometimes everything works just fine. Im still leaning towards an issue with SYNC.
Whenever I do a Sync reset by pushing the power and >> button down, I have to turn ambient lighting back on on the touchscreen menu. But that's normal.

OP
G
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 carbonized grey ST
Thread Starter #5
Whenever I do a Sync reset by pushing the power and >> button down, I have to turn ambient lighting back on on the touchscreen menu. But that's normal.
Yeah when they are not working i always go into the screen to make sure that they are still on.