Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Ambient Cup Holder Light Issue

Reactions
Good evening all. Wondering if anyone has had an issue with their ambient lighting in the cup holders. I spilled some of my iced coffee doing some dragy runs (lol) and now one of the lights is flickering...any fix or idea how to fix? I dried everything relatively quickly after the incident.
Tks.

Askarrel

911 Dispatcher
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
Hey, you know its kinda funny i did the same thing. I ended up taking apart my center console and found out that mine shorted out which cause a issue with the lights under the dash aswell. So ive been fighting with ford to replace it and they finally did. I think your only option is to get the cupholder lights replaced.

Reactions
Did you replace them? I also need the cup holders but I cant find the part number. Where did you get yours? Can you post a link?

st8

1000 Post Club
Reactions
I’d be interested in the parts as well. Apparently they removed them from 22s and I’m pissed.

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
I learned the hard way that the wires you're expecting to exist so you can add deleted features to the vehicle don't always exist. I thought the supporting wiring for the glove box light and the console light would be there. $50 some dollars later I learned they did not.

Nbk4t5e

Reactions
Mine went out and the dealer replaced them under warranty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk