Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Alert cause

Fman

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Well, my 12k mile ST just had a new transfer case installed this week. Nice huh? Kept getting alerts for 4wd fault, pre- collision assist not available, service advance-trac, reverse brake assist not available, drive mode not available …..So couple weeks earlier they installed a 4wd module as the suspect culprit….. that lasted a whole day then all the same alerts began once again. So after 10 days in the shop, got a call telling me it’s ready for pickup after Ford Technical instructed them to replace the transfer case. It’s been 3 days now with no alerts thus far so after laying down $60K on this ST, and loaner car from the Dealer being a Ford Edge! that it gives me some hope for the future of ownership?

DaveG ST

U.S. Army Veteran
Reactions
Would you happen to know if the sensor that was replaced is also known as the half shaft speed sensor? This is typically the culprit when these alerts show up on your dash. A common issue, at least on the 2020's. Hopefully they did change out this sensor before replacing the transfer case.

OP
Fman

Fman

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #3
Would you happen to know if the sensor that was replaced is also known as the half shaft speed sensor? This is typically the culprit when these alerts show up on your dash. A common issue, at least on the 2020's. Hopefully they did change out this sensor before replacing the transfer case.
I’m not aware Dave if what you touched on was replaced or not during this last shop visit. But after 3 days now, all seems to be normal once again. But I blame myself for not doing the research on the Explorer and how unreliable it actually is long term. Thinking very seriously on ridding myself of this vehicle.

Dgoebel57

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Well I'm piping in to keep this Veteran themed convo going. They will have to pry my cold dead rigor mortised hands off my ST Steering wheel to take me away from my '20 ST. Best, most fun, SUV I've ever owned (and I started with a '69 Mach I back in the '70''s, even once owned a 454 GMC shortbed single cab pickup back in the early 90's). Fman, give it some time.

F=MA

Reactions
Well I'm piping in to keep this Veteran themed convo going. They will have to pry my cold dead rigor mortised hands off my ST Steering wheel to take me away from my '20 ST. Best, most fun, SUV I've ever owned (and I started with a '69 Mach I back in the '70''s, even once owned a 454 GMC shortbed single cab pickup back in the early 90's). Fman, give it some time.
Maybe like this one? 1979 GMC Street Coupe 454, Turbo 400 and 2.73 gears. A highway flyer. My friend bought it new then traded it in on a new 1981 Turbo Trans Am. I was there to grab it the next day. Still looked like new until we parted ways.

IMG_3906.JPG

Dgoebel57

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Maybe like this one? 1979 GMC Street Coupe 454, Turbo 400 and 2.73 gears. A highway flyer. My friend bought it new then traded it in on a new 1981 Turbo Trans Am. I was there to grab it the next day. Still looked like new until we parted ways.

View attachment 20831
Only mine was white, spouse hated that every time I pulled out from a stop sign or traffic light her head bounced off the back window. Alas when I had all my boys riding with us we didn't all fit legally... Sold it when I got orders to the Philippines, never saw it again.