Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Alarm Triggered by phantom lift gate opening

Reactions
When's it 32 degrees or colder and I lock my car after a drive, the alarm will sound and I'll get an alert that my lift gate has been opened. My lift gate has not been opened but when I try to open it, it won't. It'll unlatch but will only raise a few inches. All this goes away when the temp gets above freezing. Any ideas? I'm taking it to dealership this week for other issues.

Deral247

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 explorer st
When's it 32 degrees or colder and I lock my car after a drive, the alarm will sound and I'll get an alert that my lift gate has been opened. My lift gate has not been opened but when I try to open it, it won't. It'll unlatch but will only raise a few inches. All this goes away when the temp gets above freezing. Any ideas? I'm taking it to dealership this week for other issues.
Did you ever figure out what the issue was? Im having the same thing on my explorer...

OP
S
Reactions
Thread Starter #3
Did you ever figure out what the issue was? Im having the same thing on my explorer...
No, they couldn't recreate the problem at the dealership.

monstertuned

Vendor
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
I've had issues where the sensors for the bumper get water in them and it freezes which happened on my 21 raptor so they go off constantly when the car was in reverse. I'm sure something similar is happening to the sensor for the lift gate.

Also it could be ghosts :)