Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Airbox tube P/N after installing catch can

Reactions
I've been running an UPR catch can for awhile, and I misaligned the hole I used a step bit to drill out on the airbox tube for one of the fittings. Thought I'd be OK with it, but my OCD is kicking in hardcore and I want to replace that tube.

The fitting is barely butting up against a big gray ECU lock connector, and I'd rather just eat the cost of my mistake and start fresh with a new tube. Had I gone 1/16" up/down/left/right, I'd be OK, but such is life. I'll be sure and move the hole much further next time...

Reactions
Dude I feel your pain on the OCD, but as far as replacement for the charge pipes (hot/cold side) ....I'm looking into having red powder coated custom aluminum alloy mandrel bent pipes. (Similar to Daren's).

Waiting for some quotes and will keep you posted, if you're interested. Trying to dress up that BeaSTly engine and possibly squeeze a fraction of power out the upgrade...but more for the aesthetics. I've never been more underwhelmed looking at an engine bay when popping the hood on this thing!

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

OP
karson
Reactions
Thread Starter #3
Dude I feel your pain on the OCD, but as far as replacement for the charge pipes (hot/cold side) ....I'm looking into having red powder coated custom aluminum alloy mandrel bent pipes. (Similar to Daren's).

Waiting for some quotes and will keep you posted, if you're interested. Trying to dress up that BeaSTly engine and possibly squeeze a fraction of power out the upgrade...but more for the aesthetics. I've never been more underwhelmed looking at an engine bay when popping the hood on this thing!

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
I’d be all over that. I’ll deal with it for now and keep my ear to the ground until then. Let me know if/what you get back as I’d be all over that. I did a wipe down of my engine bay after seeing how clean your strut area was in your video. You always gotta impress!

Either way, other than a strut brace decal, hood struts, and a catch can not a whole lot to write home about under the hood...yet (aesthetically!)

F=MA

Reactions
Mine ended up against the large electrical plug also but there was just enough space to keep the connection from being misaligned. The Coyote would disguise the original hole using Black Gorilla "Hole Relocation Tape" or a decal and then re-drill the hole further to the right.