Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Air Recirculation button

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
On my new 2022 Explorer ST, when i press the button to Recirculate the air in the cabin, it will turn off in about 5 minutes. I have tried it on Max A/C and Auto A/C and it will still turn itself off. We live in Denver area so outside temps have been below 40 since i bought the explorer. Even when i set the temp down to 65 it will still turn off.

I've owned far too many Fords to count and never had this issue before.

Has any else experienced this issue?

OP
D
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #3
Well crap! My 2021 F250 and 2019 F150 and 2015 Explorer never had this issue. I do see that in the manual saying it turns off due to window fogging. Wonder why the change. Very frustrating as I don't like smelling outside air... lol

OP
D
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #4
We drove to California this past week from Colorado... during that time i noticed the recirculation button did a few things:

1) Temps 61 and higher... my recirculation button stayed on.
2) Temps 60 and lower... my recirculation button would go off
2a) Button went off at random intervals... i couldn't tell why it would stay on longer than other times.

Seems like a programmable solution if 61 degrees outside temp is the trigger.

Will be taking it back to dealership. I really hate this issue... its the only thing i do not like about the St.

hbalek

Reactions
We drove to California this past week from Colorado... during that time i noticed the recirculation button did a few things:

1) Temps 61 and higher... my recirculation button stayed on.
2) Temps 60 and lower... my recirculation button would go off
2a) Button went off at random intervals... i couldn't tell why it would stay on longer than other times.

Seems like a programmable solution if 61 degrees outside temp is the trigger.

Will be taking it back to dealership. I really hate this issue... its the only thing i do not like about the St.
I've never had this problem but I always leave mine in AUTO mode year round.

OP
D
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #6
I've never had this problem but I always leave mine in AUTO mode year round.
Unfortunately mine still turns off in AUTO mode.

FORZDA3

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
The OEMs made it open up after a while because…, people are stupid and think it actually helps in the winter. It does not. All it does is trap the moisture from your breathing inside the car to fog the windows. I can’t count the number of times I’ve seen idiots driving around with fogged windows because they’re stupid. Stupid people result in stupid changes to cars and endless consumer products.

It’s a shame that stupid people can’t be recycled into fertilizer rather than allowed to procreate more stupid people. The overpopulation of stupid will crush civilization until only the stupid remain. That’s what the world's govts are attempting now. When only stupid remain they can be easily controlled and manipulated. To see it, just look to the woke idiots right now.

TMac

1000 Post Club
Reactions
The OEMs made it open up after a while because…, people are stupid and think it actually helps in the winter. It does not. All it does is trap the moisture from your breathing inside the car to fog the windows. I can’t count the number of times I’ve seen idiots driving around with fogged windows because they’re stupid. Stupid people result in stupid changes to cars and endless consumer products.

It’s a shame that stupid people can’t be recycled into fertilizer rather than allowed to procreate more stupid people. The overpopulation of stupid will crush civilization until only the stupid remain. That’s what the world's govts are attempting now. When only stupid remain they can be easily controlled and manipulated. To see it, just look to the woke idiots right now.
But how do you really feel about stupid people?

OP
D
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Thread Starter #10

I hear ya… but why the change without telling us before we purchased? none of my prior Fords have done this. most recent Fords were 2021 F250 and 2020 F150 and 2018 Explorer… also my 2022 Toyota or 2021 Jeep do not have this issue.

i have bad allergies and really dont like breathing outside dust or pollen as i travel. most recent trip thru Utah had strong winds blowing dust while it was 33 degrees outside… i was sneezing and crying as i drove… told the wife its me not you. lol

FORZDA3

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST
You may need to change the cabin air filter more often. All the HVAC air goes through the filter before it comes out the vents. The seal on it may not be adequate for you either.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Also consider purchasing the cabin air filter for the Aviator - JX6Z-19N619-B. These have an 'odor reducer' (activated charcoal?) in them, the Explorer cabin filter JX6Z-19N619-BA is just a thin little pleated cheapie to catch some dust, debris, etc..

Explorer ST Posts