Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Air horn/horn wiring & passenger side splash guard removal

Reactions
Hello all,
I'm getting ready to install M35 truck horns on my 2020 ExST. I've checked online and in the manual, and am unable to find any fuse or wiring relating to the horns on it. I plan on having a relay and switch so I can change between regular horn and air horn. If there was a fuse for the horn I would tap into it for one leg of the relay, instead I may have to tap directly into the horn wiring.
Are any of you aware of a fuse for the horn? if so where is it?
Lastly, have any of you had success in removing the dreaded plastic retaining clips under the passenger side that holds the splash guard on?

ZRX61

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
I've done it with other vehicles. I did it by disconnecting the wires from the stock horn & attached them to the relay. Then run a wire from the battery to the relay, to the compressor & another wire from the compressor to ground.

However, my latest horn installation was a bit easier... (sounds like a dogs squeaky toy...) 20220219_183002[1].jpg