Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

Aftermarket Downpipes and Stock Exhaust

Wholdy

Reactions
Just curious as to whether or not anyone has ran any brand of available aftermarket downpipes in combo with the stock OEM exhaust?

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
I’m sure someone somewhere has…there no reason you can’t.

OP
Wholdy

Wholdy

Reactions
Thread Starter #4
How do you like it? You mind sending in any videos for sound?

Reactions
How do you like it? You mind sending in any videos for sound?
I doubt my cellphone mic would do a good job of recording anything of decent quality. I hear a little more turbo I believe and it and it may have gotten a little louder. However, I swapped the downpipes out of necessity rather than want. The local Ford dealers wanted my vehicle for on their lot for almost a month to inspect the cracked flange, order new pipe and install and I couldn't do that as I only have 1 vehicle and neither dealership had loaners. A rental would have cost more than the downpipes. So I ordered them and Ron at Woosh Motorsports came through and got them shipped the same day due to the cabin filling up with exhaust every time I would slow down or stop. I do NOT think it is worth it to swap out only the downpipes and keep the factory exhaust. I plan on getting a Thermal R&D system eventually or just replacing the flex pipes.

Rosa_St

Reactions
I doubt my cellphone mic would do a good job of recording anything of decent quality. I hear a little more turbo I believe and it and it may have gotten a little louder. However, I swapped the downpipes out of necessity rather than want. The local Ford dealers wanted my vehicle for on their lot for almost a month to inspect the cracked flange, order new pipe and install and I couldn't do that as I only have 1 vehicle and neither dealership had loaners. A rental would have cost more than the downpipes. So I ordered them and Ron at Woosh Motorsports came through and got them shipped the same day due to the cabin filling up with exhaust every time I would slow down or stop. I do NOT think it is worth it to swap out only the downpipes and keep the factory exhaust. I plan on getting a Thermal R&D system eventually or just replacing the flex pipes.
Which adapter for the O2 sensor did you use?

Reactions
Which adapter for the O2 sensor did you use?
No adapter for anything. Ran it for about a month that i needed to tow with no issues or codes. Then I put the zfg tune back on still no issues.

Reactions
No adapter for anything. Ran it for about a month that i needed to tow with no issues or codes. Then I put the zfg tune back on still no issues.
Would you mind PM-ing me who did the install and what it cost? I’m up in Nashville, but may make the drive down to your neck of the woods if there’s a good shop down there.

Reactions
Would you mind PM-ing me who did the install and what it cost? I’m up in Nashville, but may make the drive down to your neck of the woods if there’s a good shop down there.
No need to pm it. I did the install on my garage on jackstands with lots of time, language, flying tools and short breaks.

Reactions
No need to pm it. I did the install on my garage on jackstands with lots of time, language, flying tools and short breaks.
Oh that’s funny. I’ve done all my own work exclusively for many years now, but was considering sitting this one out and letting someone else handle the install if the price isn’t too terrible. I’m fortunate enough to have access to a 4 post lift, so I may just have to bite the bullet and drive it a whirl.