Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

AFTER MARKET MUFFLERS

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 EXPLORER ST
I am think about installing the after market mufflers to my ST any Thoughts? let me know. Thank you.

TMac

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Just look on this site for exhaust threads, there are several with several hundred comments.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford F-150 Raptor
I am think about installing the after market mufflers to my ST any Thoughts? let me know. Thank you.
Youtube videos help a lot. Which ones are you thinking of? I love the sound of Thermal R&D 3"

OP
S
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 EXPLORER ST
Thread Starter #4
Youtube videos help a lot. Which ones are you thinking of? I love the sound of Thermal R&D 3"
That is the only I'm thinking about. Question. What happens with the fake sound we get now when we switch to sport mode ?

cagilber

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
I just installed a cat back MBRP exhaust. It sounds so much better than stock. Just make sure your installer isn’t a dummy who tries to put the muffler cylinders on the wrong side.

Last edited:
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Ford F-150 Raptor
That is the only I'm thinking about. Question. What happens with the fake sound we get now when we switch to sport mode ?
Still there. But the combination of fake and real sounds amazing. I like the fake sound.

Boss240

U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Explorer ST, 2012 Boss Mustang, 2019 Audi S4
Are you looking for an entire exhaust or wanting to cut off the stock ones and replace with something a bit louder?

OP
S
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 EXPLORER ST
Thread Starter #8
Thermal R&D 2020+ Explorer ST 3" downpipe back exhaust system