Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

AFe vs S&B

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Same car…both intakes…in case anyone is trying to choose between the two and is curious. The S&B in my opinion is better built with better components all around plus its larger and uses larger filters.
IMG_2425.jpeg

Reactions
Vehicle
2x 2023 Explorer STs
I love the look of the S&B!

Reactions
Same car…both intakes…in case anyone is trying to choose between the two and is curious. The S&B in my opinion is better built with better components all around plus its larger and uses larger filters.
View attachment 21157
I concur, based on the data, the s&b is marginally better for wise.

Sent from my SM-S918U1 using Tapatalk

Reactions
Vehicle
BMW X5, Black 2020 ST
I have always planned to get the S&B as I've run it on past vehicles but damn there will will some great deals on used AFe's. lol

DomiNate

Reactions
Vehicle
2021 Ford Explorer ST
Nice! Also just curious. What is that east/west running raw pipe north of the stabilizer bar?

OP
UNBROKEN

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Thread Starter #6
Hot side piping from FenFab

Reactions
S&B looks easier to install and looks nicer as well.

I bet it also makes more noise as well, thats a plus on my book

OP
UNBROKEN

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Thread Starter #8
S&B looks easier to install and looks nicer as well.

I bet it also makes more noise as well, thats a plus on my book
They both install identical and neither one makes any noise.

LuxST

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Hot side piping from FenFab
Considered getting the hot side done from Fenfab since I’ve already done cold side. Question is, is it worth the $500+? Looking for an opinion on it.

OP
UNBROKEN

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Thread Starter #10
Considered getting the hot side done from Fenfab since I’ve already done cold side. Question is, is it worth the $500+? Looking for an opinion on it.
If you expect to feel it…you won’t. I asked Brett to build that style just for the looks alone…that was worth the cost to me.

LuxST

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
If you expect to feel it…you won’t. I asked Brett to build that style just for the looks alone…that was worth the cost to me.
So no benefits from it, just cosmetic? Looks great but if no benefits then I just don’t know about that lol

OP
UNBROKEN

UNBROKEN

4000 Post Club
Reactions
Thread Starter #12
I wouldn’t say no benefits. Just another piece to the larger puzzle.

ssalib428

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Ford Explorer ST
I wouldn’t say no benefits. Just another piece to the larger puzzle.
I appreciate this post. I'm in between the AFE and S&B and now I'm leaning towards S&B. I do think it looks better also... BTW your ST build is awesome!

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Is there any value to a mod like this if I don't plan on any other performance upgrades? The only thing I have done to mine is swapped out the mufflers/tips. Dont plan on doing a tune or intercooler or anything like that.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST
Is there any value to a mod like this if I don't plan on any other performance upgrades? The only thing I have done to mine is swapped out the mufflers/tips. Dont plan on doing a tune or intercooler or anything like that.
Only visually. You might pick up a few ponies, but peak power will remain the same.

Reactions
Vehicle
2022 explorer ST
If you’re not going to do any other mods you should skip the intake. But I highly highly recommend you atleast do an intercooler whether you want to tune or not. A catch can would also be a very good mod to have.

Reactions
Vehicle
2020 Explorer ST, Silver Spruce Metalic
Intercooler and catch can are a must on these vehicles. An aftermarket intercooler is about 4 times the size of the stock! Huge bottle neck there. Also causes heat soak easily.