Welcome to the #1 Explorer ST Forum and Explorer ST community dedicated to Explorer ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Explorer ST Forum today!

ACTUAL new owner - 2020

rxryanm

Reactions
Vehicle
19 Mustang GT | 01 SVT Lightning
Hey y'all, currently in the market for an ST to grow the fleet and to have a responsible vehicle for when the weather gets cold and nasty (have a Mustang and Lightning).

I've got my eyes on one in the Detroit area that I hope to go look at on Saturday if it's still there and the dealership will actually get back to me. Anything in particular I should look for? I think it's a B build, so I'm figuring it should have the 2 bolt diff but that's easy to scope out anyway. And is certified, so will have some extra warranty with it. (If any current owner is in the area and wants to go lay eyes on it for me so I don't waste a trip, I wouldn't hate that idea either :) )

Appreciate any input and hope to join the crew sooner rather than later!
ryan

Reactions
Vehicle
'21 Explorer ST
Exciting for you! If you were going to be a little closer I'd offer to help!

Keep us posted when you snag her!

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
@rxryanm, I'm unfamiliar with the term B Build, can you explain?

GearHead_1

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
Exploder
Thanks @Dale5403

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST
Call the day before and ask them let it set overnight because you want to cold start it the next day.

OP
rxryanm

rxryanm

Reactions
Vehicle
Thread Starter #7
Call the day before and ask them let it set overnight because you want to cold start it the next day.
That's a great call!

OP
rxryanm

rxryanm

Reactions
Vehicle
Thread Starter #8
Got me a good looking machine if I do say so myself. Spacers are already on their way, as is a looooong usb cable so I can do some Forscan from my desktop.
IMG_1146.jpeg

Last edited:

Blue Beast

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Law Enforcement
Reactions
Vehicle
2020 ST
Hey y'all, currently in the market for an ST to grow the fleet and to have a responsible vehicle for when the weather gets cold and nasty (have a Mustang and Lightning).

I've got my eyes on one in the Detroit area that I hope to go look at on Saturday if it's still there and the dealership will actually get back to me. Anything in particular I should look for? I think it's a B build, so I'm figuring it should have the 2 bolt diff but that's easy to scope out anyway. And is certified, so will have some extra warranty with it. (If any current owner is in the area and wants to go lay eyes on it for me so I don't waste a trip, I wouldn't hate that idea either :) )

Appreciate any input and hope to join the crew sooner rather than later!
ryan
Welcome to the forum.

Dgoebel57

U.S. Air Force Veteran
Reactions
Check for Windshield trim fitment on the pax side, should be no gap between glass and plastic along bottom edge of Windshield (mine leaked through there, down behind the glovebox, once snapped fully back in place no problem. Mine came with improperly mounted rear drain hose for full sun/moon roof (didn't notice if yours had that)., Spare tire well would fill with water when Explorer was parked uphill after long steady rains. Check the door mounted window switches, many had the plastichrome peel off and there's a dealer replacement program for that. My drivers seat heaters still don't work properly, but I'm extra insulated and routinely park in heated garage... rarely an issue.. But I still love mine and will keep it

Reactions
Vehicle
2023 Explorer ST

Cajun Heat

1000 Post Club
Reactions
Vehicle
2022 Explorer ST
Got me a good looking machine if I do say so myself. Spacers are already on their way, as is a looooong usb cable so I can do some Forscan from my desktop.
View attachment 20442
Congratulations and welcome to the forum.